Home

Madden 2006 - A Review...........

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 - A Review........... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2005, 03:41 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 2006 - A Review...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briman123
Sony is not as big a company as Microsoft nor a company that drives so many competition into the ground, watch a film called "Pirates of Silicon Valley" You will understand how Microsoft was founded off Bill Gates stealing from Apple.

At least Microsoft does not break the Sherman Anti Trust laws by buying exclusive licenses.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:55 PM   #58
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
At least Microsoft does not break the Sherman Anti Trust laws by buying exclusive licenses.
You really should at least try to know what you're talking about...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_...s_of_Microsoft

Quote:
Government anti-trust suits

In the 1990s, Microsoft adopted exclusionary licensing under which PC manufacturers were required to pay for an MS-DOS license even when the system shipped with an alternative operating system. It also used allegedly predatory tactics to price its competitors out of the market, and competitors claimed that Microsoft erected technical barriers to make it appear that competing products did not work on its operating system [8]. An investigation by the United States Department of Justice on August 21, 1993 resulted in an opinion stating that this behavior was illegal; in a consent decree issued on July 15, 1994, Microsoft agreed to a deal in which, among other things, it would not "tie" other Microsoft products into its operating system.

After bundling the Internet Explorer web browser into its Windows operating system in the late 1990s and acquiring a dominant share in the web browser market, an antitrust case was brought against Microsoft. In a ruling by judge Thomas Penfield Jackson, the company was convicted for violating its earlier consent decree and abusing its monopoly in the desktop operating systems market. The "findings of fact" during the antitrust case established that Microsoft has a monopoly in the PC desktop operating systems market:

III.34. Viewed together, three main facts indicate that Microsoft enjoys monopoly power. First, Microsoft's share of the market for Intel-compatible PC operating systems is extremely large and stable. Second, Microsoft's dominant market share is protected by a high barrier to entry. Third, and largely as a result of that barrier, Microsoft's customers lack a commercially viable alternative to Windows. [9]

Microsoft makes Sony (and EA) look like saints by comparison.

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-15-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:25 PM   #59
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

If it makes anyone feel better, my laptop is a MAC, as is everything related to my wife's business. As for the Xbox, it's a better product in my mind than the PS2 and for anyone truly offended, it's not like you don't have choice of platform available to you for gaming -- unlike the choices available for people looking for a virtual game of pro football in 2006 version software for any of the multiple platforms

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we aren't looking at an Apples to Apples comparison here and once again we're talking about semantics and not the actual issues being addressed by this thread

Have fun...............

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Old 08-15-2005, 04:32 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:

All that has to happen is to pass a new tax law that will apply a 75% tax on license revenue. This would be enough to end the exclusive license nonsense and reduce the federal government budget deficit. I do not think this will happen anytime soon, but there is growing public anger over corporate scandels and corporations not paying enough in taxes. It will not be long before the pendulum swings in favor of ANTI corporate politicians who will approve new regulations and much higher taxes.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:56 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:

That is the decision by that particular judge, but it is not really a violation of Sherman ANTI trust laws IMO. The judge was ANTI Microsoft from the start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 3

Great post. I whole heartedly agree. Exclusivity is something that hurts all gamers..not just ESPN fans but Madden fans alike. Madden 06 is painful evidence of human nature. Without competition..there is no need for progress.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:16 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 1

You can say all you want about Madden they have the License and all the fans support for years with enough money to make the game we all wanted and finally the software,so no matter what you say you will always have millions of dedicated Madden fans that will buy and support this game.It has no where else to go but up.They cant go wrong on the 360 with the NFL License NO WAY.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:22 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2303
You can say all you want about Madden they have the License and all the fans support for years with enough money to make the game we all wanted and finally the software,so no matter what you say you will always have millions of dedicated Madden fans that will buy and support this game.It has no where else to go but up.They cant go wrong on the 360 with the NFL License NO WAY.
There is no reason to go up..they can go flat and still make a bundle thanks to no competition and complacent fan base. Let Madden go for the not so serious football gamers..thats fine..

But I enjoyed ESPN for football strategists like myself..playing online was like a chess match..I loved it..no its gone..we used to have the low end game that appealed to the masses..12 and 13 year olds..and the high end football sim to appealed to the minority of serious football gamers..now there is only one option..and one option is seldom good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »