Home

Madden 2006 - A Review...........

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 - A Review........... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2005, 05:23 PM   #65
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 2006 - A Review...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2303
You can say all you want about Madden they have the License and all the fans support for years with enough money to make the game we all wanted and finally the software,so no matter what you say you will always have millions of dedicated Madden fans that will buy and support this game.It has no where else to go but up.They cant go wrong on the 360 with the NFL License NO WAY.
Sometimes I wonder why EA continually thinks that they can give the gaming public anything with "Madden" on it and have it sell oodles and oodles of copies. Then suddenly, during brief moments of absolute clarity, it just goes away and I understand exactly what they are thinking and why they are thinking it

Thank you

Have fun................

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 05:25 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 4

KBomber, are you still a mod at 2k forums?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:27 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
There is no reason to go up..they can go flat and still make a bundle thanks to no competition and complacent fan base. Let Madden go for the not so serious football gamers..thats fine..

But I enjoyed ESPN for football strategists like myself..playing online was like a chess match..I loved it..no its gone..we used to have the low end game that appealed to the masses..12 and 13 year olds..and the high end football sim to appealed to the minority of serious football gamers..now there is only one option..and one option is seldom good.
Madden is not a high scoring game like NCAA, I understand your point but I have to disagree with that one.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:27 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBomber
Sometimes I wonder why EA continually thinks that they can give the gaming public anything with "Madden" on it and have it sell oodles and oodles of copies. Then suddenly, during brief moments of absolute clarity, it just goes away and I understand exactly what they are thinking and why they are thinking it

Thank you

Have fun................

K Bomber play it on the 360 then talk ish.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:32 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
There is no reason to go up..they can go flat and still make a bundle thanks to no competition and complacent fan base. Let Madden go for the not so serious football gamers..thats fine..

But I enjoyed ESPN for football strategists like myself..playing online was like a chess match..I loved it..no its gone..we used to have the low end game that appealed to the masses..12 and 13 year olds..and the high end football sim to appealed to the minority of serious football gamers..now there is only one option..and one option is seldom good.
I'm a "minority serious football gamer" and I've always felt Madden was better than it's NFL 2K counterpart. I liked NFL 2K for it's presentation, graphics, and out-of-game features. But Madden has always had superior gameplay, animations, and in game features, in my eyes.

Just because EA isn't a respectable company doesn't mean their products suck, the game isn't perfect, but neither was 2K. 2K had the DB glitch that was a game killer for many people. Just as Madden has horrible KR/PR's and a mediocre running game.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 08-15-2005, 06:33 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been a 2K fans for many years and was force into trying another IP this year. I didn't play Madden 2003-2005. My base opinion is soly base on the experience I had with the Madden 2006.

Pros
1. Mini-Camp
Coming from a totaly different football game, this help me alot to get confortable with the new control. I was able to play around with V&P, the running game and player control.

2. NFL Superstar mode
Even though they could have done alot more interaction between agent, players, coach and team owner, This is a very interesting mode. I've been spending all my time in it. It a nice change from franchise style play.

3. View & Pass
It's hard to get use too but once you have learn it, it makes every pass play rewarding. You can really fool the defense with V&P. Reminds me of NFL Fever 2004 who was first to implement a similar style.

Cons
1. The special teams A.I
I think this is the worst ST AI I ever witness in any football franchise beside NFL 2K4 ( we have to admit that is was way to easy to punt return for TD). They stand around doing anything and I have to call Fair catch on every single punt. Plain unacceptable

2. Super power DB's
They jump 10 feet high and move at lightning speed. I might be exagerating a bit but i'm not that far.

3. HB running for touchdown
Sometime for no reason, they run for touchdown and stop on a dime at the scoring line.Same problem with NCAA 2006. Why would a 6'4'' 230lbs HB running at full speed thru the defensive line and stop like that ?

4. John Madden and Al Micheals
Enough said.

5. Presentation
Enough said.

6. Dime package
I don't understand how a dime package can be as effective a 4-3 package on a run play. Again this most come from the super db's the game as.

In General Madden 2006 is a good game. I can live with the cons/flaws of the game. The V&P is really a good representation of what a QB has to go thru. For someone who doesn't own Madden 2003-2005, Maddden 2006 is a worthy purchase. I don't regret buying it. Suprisingly, I never had any problem playing online. This a whole different game when you play vs a human then an AI. I had very close game. I was on the edge of my couch of many games.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:34 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2303
You can say all you want about Madden they have the License and all the fans support for years with enough money to make the game we all wanted and finally the software,so no matter what you say you will always have millions of dedicated Madden fans that will buy and support this game.It has no where else to go but up.They cant go wrong on the 360 with the NFL License NO WAY.

Madden is a sub par game with many many flaws. So have fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 06:49 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
Madden is a sub par game with many many flaws. So have fun.
Yeah and NFL 2k5 will not change for 5 years so have fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »