Home

Overlays that appear in demo mode that are not in actual gameplay.

This is a discussion on Overlays that appear in demo mode that are not in actual gameplay. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-14-2005, 06:08 PM   #9
MVP

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Overlays that appear in demo mode that are not in actual gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimperley
Anyone ever watch demo mode and notice there are rushing specific overlays that never appear when you actually play the game? I'm not sure about Xbox because I have PS2 but it seems like it would go a long way to help out the presentation. RB comparisons and Rushing attempts/yards are overlays that I never see in actual game play. Hope it's not just my PS2 that does this but I doubt it. I'm liking the gameplay this year but just can't figure out why some things like that are implemented for Demo mode only.
There are presentation aspects present in "franchise" mode that are left out in "exhibition" mode. Try franchise and you'll see there are few (not many) presentation extras. I think they were left out of exhibition b/c people don't want to see that stuff in exhibition anyway. As for the specifice presentation element you describe, I may seen that one in a franchise game, but I honestly can't remember.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-14-2005, 06:41 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
There are presentation aspects present in "franchise" mode that are left out in "exhibition" mode. Try franchise and you'll see there are few (not many) presentation extras. I think they were left out of exhibition b/c people don't want to see that stuff in exhibition anyway. As for the specifice presentation element you describe, I may seen that one in a franchise game, but I honestly can't remember.

Actually I'm in Franchise. The new overlay is cool when it zooms in on a player and there are boxes on the right and left of him. It's just odd that demo mode overlays are possibly 2 player as in the post above are left out of single player games.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

there are no new overlays in franchise that i could see. The only overlays you will get is if a RB hits the 100 yard mark, and if a defensive players gets 3 sacks. that is all i hae seen so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 06:46 PM   #12
Return of Big Mike...

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHill
I agree, I wish they'd go back to what they had in 03. Full screen replays and such and stats during the playcalling.

I'd hate to go all the way back to 03 at this point but I may.
I also prefer the full screen replays. I'm not a fan of split screen or even the screen in 3 sections showing replays. I am so glad that the "Bullet Time/Matrix effect" is gone.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:49 PM   #13
MVP

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
there are no new overlays in franchise that i could see. The only overlays you will get is if a RB hits the 100 yard mark, and if a defensive players gets 3 sacks. that is all i hae seen so far
well, there's that and the 2-box with the connect-dots that run back to a player showing his stats. I'll post if I notice anything else.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »