Home

Old 08-14-2005, 12:01 PM   #9
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks69
You know the graphics will look good, however the engine must be fixed. Example: blokers on punt returns actually block!
All-Madden level solves this problem 100%
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-14-2005, 12:42 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Blocking and Break blocking better be the biggest improvements. The gluestick suction style blocking has to go. They need to put in FEVER 2004 linebacker logic. That's a good start to build for the next year on it. Stop WAITING sitting back catching blocks and then you can't get off of them. 2k made the same mistake with this. Guys just sit and wait for the blocker to come to them. ATTACK the damn blocker with your inside shoulder, outside arm free, good gawd why is this hard
This animation is already a big part of the game, its used whenever you get stuffed trying to run the ball. Problem is, it can't be done on every play, because you'd never be able to run the ball, just like in the NFL. Linebackers don't recognize the isolation play right off the bat every time its run; this is tied into awareness. I do agree about the suction blocking, however
Old 08-14-2005, 01:44 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
This animation is already a big part of the game, its used whenever you get stuffed trying to run the ball. Problem is, it can't be done on every play, because you'd never be able to run the ball, just like in the NFL. Linebackers don't recognize the isolation play right off the bat every time its run; this is tied into awareness. I do agree about the suction blocking, however
No they can't read it everytime, but what I'm saying is, in certain defenses the linebackers have KEYS and they read those and move to the ball. In video games this is NEVER played out. That's why Safety's will always lead teams in tackles in 2 player games. Plus, if I'm running a certain front that is supposed to protect my MLB or ILB, I EXPECT him to be protected. What I do not expect is when he is stacked behind 2 other defenders that are covering 2 offensive linemen and one of those linemen block the linebacker. That should NEVER happen. But it always does because of suction blocking. Anyways, I just hope this part of the game is better for 360.

No let me make another poinit LOL. You say people will never be able to run the ball. Well let's see. Get online and guys are running dime and quarters blitzes against base sets and you can't run the ball either. I'd rather the linebacker do it than that BS. It would make more sense. Anyways, let me start a franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »