Home

The problem with Madden 2006 is not the cone!

This is a discussion on The problem with Madden 2006 is not the cone! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2005, 01:15 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
The problem with Madden 2006 is not the cone!

The biggest problem I see is really not the new passing cone, but player ratings are wacked. I think its time for Ea to design a new player rating system because the current system fails to take certain attributes into consideration.
For example, I know all of you Manning fans think he is God's gift, but he hasn't shown that he can win the big game. If you compare him to Brady in big game performances Brady eats Manning alive.EA needs to put a composure attribute in for regular season and post season. QB's and Kickers. Manning is by far the best field general in which he deserves the highest QB awareness because he also does the little things that most QB's don't do. Why can't they make up signature animations for certain players such as Manning ball faking, etc.. also Mannings pump fake animations should be more effective than a no name rookie.Also for running QB"S like Vick, and others why not make a rating for the QB's abilities on rollouts, sprint outs,etc..
In addition, they need to change all of the general ratings and make the ratings more specific to the position.I would love to see ratings for DB's on Bump and run ability, Zone coverage skills, run support,and Ball convergence skills.
I could go on forever about this, however I buy Madden every year but I'm starting to lose interest because I want a true simulation of whats goes on on the field instead of what players are doing in their private life. Maybe Ea need to make two seperate versions, one which concentrates on bull**** and a true NFL simulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 01:54 AM   #2
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:
Re: The problem with Madden 2006 is not the cone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
The biggest problem I see is really not the new passing cone, but player ratings are wacked. I think its time for Ea to design a new player rating system because the current system fails to take certain attributes into consideration.
For example, I know all of you Manning fans think he is God's gift, but he hasn't shown that he can win the big game. If you compare him to Brady in big game performances Brady eats Manning alive.EA needs to put a composure attribute in for regular season and post season. QB's and Kickers. Manning is by far the best field general in which he deserves the highest QB awareness because he also does the little things that most QB's don't do. Why can't they make up signature animations for certain players such as Manning ball faking, etc.. also Mannings pump fake animations should be more effective than a no name rookie.Also for running QB"S like Vick, and others why not make a rating for the QB's abilities on rollouts, sprint outs,etc..
In addition, they need to change all of the general ratings and make the ratings more specific to the position.I would love to see ratings for DB's on Bump and run ability, Zone coverage skills, run support,and Ball convergence skills.
I could go on forever about this, however I buy Madden every year but I'm starting to lose interest because I want a true simulation of whats goes on on the field instead of what players are doing in their private life. Maybe Ea need to make two seperate versions, one which concentrates on bull**** and a true NFL simulation.
I like your idea, but I think that would take an insane amount of coding. They'd have to create ratings for preseason, season, postseason, and Superbowl to really make it work. THe animations would be a little tough, because that would require getting about 16 QB's, pretty much all the RB's, and dozens of other players in to do motion capture. All those guys have unique motions. But again, I like the idea.

Making two separate games would never work for EA. The only thing that it would accomplish is to show the hardcore sim fanatics how small their group really is. EA would never go for this. New specific ratings categories is totally doable. That's a great idea. The only excuse I could see for EA not doing that would be the way the game handles the ratings would have to be completely rewritten.

I like the gimmick stuff as a way to play the game without playing football, but I could do without it. The owner mode is a great concept, but it falls short of being anything close to a game seller.

Excellent points there.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:26 AM   #3
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Basically, they should just copy ESPN NFL's rating system, was by far the best rating system for any sports game ever. You had specialized ratings for run coverage, pass coverage, route running, composure, scrambling, agressiveness. Oh man, I really miss this game!

But I'm still liking Madden.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-14-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
I like your idea, but I think that would take an insane amount of coding. They'd have to create ratings for preseason, season, postseason, and Superbowl to really make it work. THe animations would be a little tough, because that would require getting about 16 QB's, pretty much all the RB's, and dozens of other players in to do motion capture. All those guys have unique motions. But again, I like the idea.

Making two separate games would never work for EA. The only thing that it would accomplish is to show the hardcore sim fanatics how small their group really is. EA would never go for this. New specific ratings categories is totally doable. That's a great idea. The only excuse I could see for EA not doing that would be the way the game handles the ratings would have to be completely rewritten.

I like the gimmick stuff as a way to play the game without playing football, but I could do without it. The owner mode is a great concept, but it falls short of being anything close to a game seller.

Excellent points there.
Why would it not work? They are making another game in Nov. And you know what every one will buy it. I think ppl underestimate themselves. A lot of ppl said they were not going to but Madden but guess what they did. The fact of the matter is if you change things in a game whether small or large ppl will buy it. Just to see what that comapny did.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I would like to see the cone change in size based on QB performance during the game. Similar to how a pitcher's confidence changes in the baseball games. If the QB is getting smacked around in a game the cone should definately decrease in size and also increase in size if he is throwing well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 12:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
Basically, they should just copy ESPN NFL's rating system, was by far the best rating system for any sports game ever. You had specialized ratings for run coverage, pass coverage, route running, composure, scrambling, agressiveness. Oh man, I really miss this game!

But I'm still liking Madden.
YEah id hate to put it out there be ESPN had all of those ratings like 3 years ago, composure, Scrambling (throwing on the run) Coverage Pass Rush (Sorely Needed in madden) etc they have copied alot of ESPNs ideas already hopefully they will copy this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »