Home

NCAA Draft Classes...

This is a discussion on NCAA Draft Classes... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NCAA Draft Classes...

I've noticed that there were always 6-8 QB's who were taken in the 1st round, and Leianrt was always ranked 83-85, with all others rated 82 to 77. All QB's were taken in the first 3 rounds, and it unrealistic for a late 2nd round QB to be rated a 79... I've notcied that all QB's and WR's are rated WAAAY too high, but it seems to be much worse for QB's.

Another thing I noticed is that there are only about 10 qB's per draft class and they all go in the top 3 rounds, at least for RB's and WR's there are 6ht round and 7th round picks...

any way to change this, (I assume it would mean editing stats in ncaa 06) that could generate some late round QB's and possibly bring down rookie, QB, WR stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 04:15 PM   #2
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NCAA Draft Classes...

My draft classes have QB's projected to go in the 6th. Haggans from UVA is one that comes to mind, as is Porter from BC. SO I'd suggest either editing your NCAA rosters, or being happy you don't have to deal with some of the Madden draft players.

Last edited by Beantown; 08-14-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

My corner went into the game as an 89.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
My draft classes have QB's projected to go in the 6th. Haggans from UVA is one that comes to mind, as is Porter from BC. SO I'd suggest either editing your NCAA rosters, or being happy you don't have to deal with some of the Madden draft players.
how many qb's do you have to draft? i only get 8-9.
another question for you, did you adjust coaching strategies in dynatsy mode to favor less passing stats??

because i did and qbs dont put up huge stats, which could be a factor over their ratings
Old 08-14-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I get around 10-12 I believe, usually 4 first rounders, 5 inbetween the 3rd-5th, and then 1 or 2 6th.

And no, i just simmed a season in NCAA, regular ratings, regular strategies and everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
I get around 10-12 I believe, usually 4 first rounders, 5 inbetween the 3rd-5th, and then 1 or 2 6th.

And no, i just simmed a season in NCAA, regular ratings, regular strategies and everything.
There must be a correlation between stats and who gets into the draft, the better stats QB's put up, a few more get in...
Old 08-14-2005, 05:17 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

The Players stats from NCAA are always inflated, the good thing about madden this though is that progression isnt automatic like it used to be. I ported leinhart in twice, once he got up to the 90s in like 3 years, once he was down to the high 70s after 6 it depends on the team and how they play
Old 08-14-2005, 05:49 PM   #8
MVP

soxboy7's Arena

OVR: 10

Where can I download the classes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »