Home

Madden 2006: Year of the Defensive Backs

This is a discussion on Madden 2006: Year of the Defensive Backs within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-15-2005, 12:17 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 2006: Year of the Defensive Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I have noticed DBs have great leaping ability and knock down a lot of passes.
But I'm OK with that, because the completion percentages and number of INTs are normal, unlike ESPN 2k5, in which completion pcts. were on the low side and INTs were ridiculously out of control, even with sliders adjusted to the bare minimum.
The only issue I'm having with the game, aside from the fact that graphics aren't quite as good as 2k5, is that it's virtually impossible to return punts because the cover team always seems to be in the returner's face before he even gets the ball. But I can live with that, since the passing and running games are realistic.

Yeah this is the NFL there are hardly ever any punt runbacks, lots of fair catches and let it bouncems!
Old 08-15-2005, 12:20 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

There's nothing wrong with the DB's. I'm glad they knock down deep passes or else we'd have another NCAA 2006/Hail Mary fest on our hands. Try throwing passes other than corners and streaks. You know, there are curls, comebacks, drags, crosses, posts, slants and ins and outs in the game........
Old 08-15-2005, 12:53 AM   #11
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
There's nothing wrong with the DB's. I'm glad they knock down deep passes or else we'd have another NCAA 2006/Hail Mary fest on our hands. Try throwing passes other than corners and streaks. You know, there are curls, comebacks, drags, crosses, posts, slants and ins and outs in the game........
Are you suggesting they don't run the "everyone go deep play" everytime?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 02:12 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
thats true, but also keep in mind that in the nfl teams do go deep occasionally, and playing as the vikings even with their fast recievers i find it hard to throw it deep as it gets batted down everytime. i can throw short to medium passes pretty well, but nothing long, even with culpepper
Old 08-15-2005, 08:45 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I think it's pretty realistic. You guys are just used to bombs away working really well. If that was the case there'd be people on here complaining about that. Learn to use the other routes and *gasP* try setting up the deep ball in one-on-one coverage. The days of 55 streak routes being thrown and 50 being completed per game are over! Now y'all have to learn strategy..

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-15-2005, 09:03 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

I also think it depends on which receivers you use. I use the Lions and all their WR's are 6'2" and taller, and I don't seem to have a lot of problems with unrealistic DB knockdowns. At least, not nearly as bad as the last two years of the game.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:14 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

CPU DBs have always "cheated" in that their skills regardless of ratings are high. I could match Moss up to a crap CB who is inferior to moss in every category and I bet he coudl shut Moss down over half the time.

I always have to tweak the CPU defensive sliders because of this crap...of course people see it as a challenge or something...I see it as unrealistic crap that makes ratings pointless.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »