Home

I wish EA would get through their head 300lbs men dont get pancaked

This is a discussion on I wish EA would get through their head 300lbs men dont get pancaked within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: I wish EA would get through their head 300lbs men dont get pancaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
I've noticed on rushing attack that if you are the linebacker and you engage the blocker you get pancaked 9/10 times, but if you hit down on the hit stick BEFORE you engage the blocker this doesn't happen, half the time the blocker will get pancaked by your linebacker and the other half of the time you will either engage the blocker or push him back some.

Just a tip.....

Another observation.....It seems like EA wants you to either be a linebacker or a dback on defense as being a lineman used to be cheese.
Man I've tried it all at linebacker and it's just frustration to me. The blocking is too damn annoying. I'm running to the left and am out in front of the Guard from the right and all of a sudden I see myself turn a 180 and now I'm face to face with that guard gridlocked and gluesticked and I can't even move. I'm pressing every damn button, stick ect and I still cannot move. To me that's the worse part of this game. The game is very good in alot of aspects but this is the part that drives me nuts. I'm sitting there yelling GET THE F OFF OF ME!!! LOL and Hoover and Eureka just keep sucking

Also you notice something too. That FB almost always pancakes you.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:53 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Man I've tried it all at linebacker and it's just frustration to me. The blocking is too damn annoying. I'm running to the left and am out in front of the Guard from the right and all of a sudden I see myself turn a 180 and now I'm face to face with that guard gridlocked and gluesticked and I can't even move. I'm pressing every damn button, stick ect and I still cannot move. To me that's the worse part of this game. The game is very good in alot of aspects but this is the part that drives me nuts. I'm sitting there yelling GET THE F OFF OF ME!!! LOL and Hoover and Eureka just keep sucking

Also you notice something too. That FB almost always pancakes you.

Yeah, the suction blocking is what pisses me off the most when trying to play D in Madden. Once you get hit by the tractor beam—You’re Done. That’s what I loved about er, well you all know the game. It made playing D (especially linebacker) fun. Oh well.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #19
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

I think last year people complained that o-lineman were getting knocked down to easily by lighter d-lineman so it looks like EA turned the tables and d-lineman are getting pancaked every freakin play. Im even finding it difficult to get pressure with Dwight Freeney,the best pass rusher in the NFL. I get upfield only to get sucked in the by the o-line. I'm going to adjust the sliders and hopefully come up with something.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
This is why I wish EA included a few slider presets... at least to serve as a good starting point. It would make coming up with a working set much easier. And they could hide arcade/simulation modes within them.
Yeah, that would be great. They have allowed us to fiddle with them and try to get them the way we like them, but presets would make this a much easier process.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »