Home

Drive Summaries are Way Off

This is a discussion on Drive Summaries are Way Off within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
Drive Summaries are Way Off

Anyone else noticing that most of the time the drive summary graphic before a kickoff is incorrect. Most of the ones I've seen have far too many yards for the drive. For example, I got the ball at my opponents 42 yard line and scored. The graphic actually showed me taking the ball at the 42, which was correct. However, the text read that the drive was 64 yards??? I've noticed this multiple times while playing in Play Now mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 07:12 PM   #2
GOAT

dales's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Drive Summaries are Way Off

Did you have any penalties on the drive?
Old 08-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales
Did you have any penalties on the drive?
I don't think that matters.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:16 PM   #4
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
I don't think that matters.
Sure it does. In the game it does. Sacks too. Not too mention, sometimes it gets off a yard or two or three because runs are counted as 3 yards, but the spot really makes it like 2.5 yards.
If you take the ball at the 50. The initial drive to get a TD would obviously be 50 yards. You get a penalty for 10 yards, now the drive would be 60 yards. Or say a sack somewhere in there. The game works like this. The Qb is going to get a 60 yard TD pass if he takes the snap from his 40, it was a 60 yard one play drive.
The summaries are fine.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:46 PM   #5
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

The problem is that it counts the field goal length in the drive length. If you get the ball, move eight yards, kick a thirty yard FG...the drive summary will say "38 yards". That's a huge error. I've had this a few times when I can't punch the ball in after a turnover, and it's pretty funny. The little errors...like punt returns and the own team cheering section ("catch it you")
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 10:22 PM   #6
Rookie

stark21's Arena

OVR: 2

I haven't noticed anything wrong with them either about the field goal wouldn't it be a 38 yard scoring drive if you do move the ball 8 yards then have to kick a 30 yard FG wouldn't the scoring drive be 38 yards to score I might be wrong but I believe that's how it's counted in real life..
Old 08-14-2005, 10:51 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by stark21
I haven't noticed anything wrong with them either about the field goal wouldn't it be a 38 yard scoring drive if you do move the ball 8 yards then have to kick a 30 yard FG wouldn't the scoring drive be 38 yards to score I might be wrong but I believe that's how it's counted in real life..
I don't think so.

Let's say you get the ball at their 21 and move it to the 13. Then you kick the field goal, a 30-yarder. I don't think there's any way that can be interpreted as a 38 yard drive.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #8
Rookie

stark21's Arena

OVR: 2

that could be true as I really don't know what the correct summery would be it makes since both ways if you think about it cause it was 38 yards to score but then it was only a 30 yard FG so guess it depends on how you look at it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »