Home

Holy!@$ Has Anyone Played Peyton Manning Yet

This is a discussion on Holy!@$ Has Anyone Played Peyton Manning Yet within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2005, 05:06 PM   #17
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Holy!@$ Has Anyone Played Peyton Manning Yet

You can contain Payton with a lot of zone def. schemes.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:47 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanwa
You can contain Payton with a lot of zone def. schemes.
They should have just coded in a -20 ratings hit for Peyton when playing at Gilette Stadium.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:03 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
Up, Down, Left, Right, A, B , Select+Start

If you guys dont know this, well then...

Contra for Nintendo, perhaps?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:12 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Kurt Warner killed me today for some unknown reason. No CPU QB had done anything against me in like the 10 games I had played before, but I was getting cut up huge plays down the field. It's weird because I started the game and had to turn it off, but in the first half Warner was like 5 for 15.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:23 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker333
They should have just coded in a -20 ratings hit for Peyton when playing at Gilette Stadium.
Ha....funny but I dont recall him being the guy DROPPING easy catchable balls (I believe there were 6 in the first half) in the playoff game last season. Then in the first game of the year he had a great game. Not his fault james fumbled twice and Vandy couldn't hit a FG. I also dont recall him playing on the Colts defense who stink every time playing the Pats.

I know you're making a joke but it pisses me off how people assume it is peyton's fault the Colts keep losing to the Pats.

Quote:
I am sure he set the sliders down for the CPU and upped the human ones...sort of built in cheats or handicaps depending on how you use them.
Or as I consider it a way to make the game more realistic. When you play on higher difficulty levels the game flat out cheats meaning it doesnt go by what the ratings say. The only way then to actually make ratings matter is to adjust the sliders. I always build mega teams in my franchises (I use the fantasy draft and know how to draft a team) and it pisses me off when I can have guys that are far better rated than CPU players play like crap and the way they are playing isn't something I can fix or control (I dont control every single player at the same time) so it is basically "cheating" since all the programmers did is either bump up the CPU ratings in all pro/madden or decrease ratings for players on the human controlled team. Sorry, but that is lame and I will adjust sliders to make it be the way it should...a player on my team rated 97 in speed/accel shouldn't be caught by a CPU player rated 80 in speed/accel yet I see this all the time on the two top difficulty levels in Madden.

I would just play on pro but pro is too easy and there is no defense.

Just one time I would like to see a company make a football game that is pretty much abused all on ratings regardless of the skill level....I doubt I'll get that anytime soon though and will ahve to keep adjusting sliders to make it happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 06:43 PM   #22
Rookie

ChuckStank's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
Up, Down, Left, Right, A, B , Select+Start

If you guys dont know this, well then...
Good job ****ing the code up dumb****. You can't even get the easiest code in history right.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:04 PM   #23
Rookie

rockit's Arena

OVR: 3

Maybe he used his Madden card cheat thingy.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

MAYBE YOU GUYS MISSED IT THE FIRST TIME I USED THE OTHER TEAM ITS PRETTY SIMPLE THE POINT IS THIS IS A GREAT GAME AND MANNING TORE ME APART

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »