Home

Cheating A.I ?

This is a discussion on Cheating A.I ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Cheating A.I ?

Does the A.I. cheat for difficulty in this game or am I the unluckiest person on Earth ?

Seems like everytime I cause a fumble the offense gets it back. I have never recovered a fumble in any of the countless times Ive caused one. Atleast 10.

Also I fumble the ball a majority of the time after I intercept it. Twice I picked off the A.I. close to my endzone as they were about to score and both times I fumbled it right back to them and they scored a TD.

Also it seems when I go up big a costly fumble on my part is going to inevitably happen.

Just seems odd to me. Especially the fumble thing.
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 06:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Cheating A.I ?

yeah EA has been putting in "cheating" Ai into madden for years. Ratings mean jack as do things that are so obvious they'd be in your favour, ie your fumble situation. I have caused fumbles before in 2005 where only my guys are around the ball but somehow I dont get the ball and the CPU retains it.

I have also seen the fumble after a INT stuff a bunch of times. It is lame as well.

My fav is in 2005 when I had myself created as a QB and had a 99 carry rating yet I would fumble allllllll the time when running the ball. Got so bad I'd just run out of bounds. Hell, I would fumble when diving without being touched. So silly.

Some people will call this a challenge...I call it lame programming/cheating
Old 08-15-2005, 06:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
Does the A.I. cheat for difficulty in this game or am I the unluckiest person on Earth ?

Seems like everytime I cause a fumble the offense gets it back. I have never recovered a fumble in any of the countless times Ive caused one. Atleast 10.

Also I fumble the ball a majority of the time after I intercept it. Twice I picked off the A.I. close to my endzone as they were about to score and both times I fumbled it right back to them and they scored a TD.

Also it seems when I go up big a costly fumble on my part is going to inevitably happen.

Just seems odd to me. Especially the fumble thing.

It is the EA screw. Without it you will win every single game. Other games from other companys do not have this horrible cheat but yet are still challenging. It is so cheap and I hate it.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yup, EA Sports put a hidden "Cheating A.I." that makes you automatically fumble every time you get an INT.

I've never had anything like that happen, so maybe you need to learn how to press the Y button a little more often.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 08-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS-One
Yup, EA Sports put a hidden "Cheating A.I." that makes you automatically fumble every time you get an INT.

I've never had anything like that happen, so maybe you need to learn how to press the Y button a little more often.
Also,

If you get an interception, don't try to juke and use spin moves. Those just increase your chances to fumble, and seeing as your using a defensive player, are useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 10:01 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Heh lol, I remember I just finished playing the Steelers in the playoffs.

I was in the redzone and it was 4th and everything depended on this drive.

Eh, It ends with a friggin Fumble, with that being the 5th friggin fumble in the game.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:04 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

I have somewhat noticed the luck the AI gets recovering their own fumbles.

What gets me the most is the Miss Cleo defensive coordinators.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:25 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

The "cheating ai" has always been there in every Madden version. It's the one thing that pisses me off about this game. Ive grown accustomed to it though and I just try not to get worked up over it when I get screwed by it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »