Home

Madden Now & Next Generation

This is a discussion on Madden Now & Next Generation within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-18-2005, 10:02 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Madden Now & Next Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonb_43
I personally wouldn't mind payin like a extra $10 or so fo r a double disc madden a la Gran Turismo, a arcade disc, and a sim/franchise dic. This way they can expand franchise and make it what it should have been when it first came out. I have bought madden every year since '93 except '96, '97 (was there even a '97?) and although I can't find another game to satisfy my yearly pigskin videogame fix, I buy madden. But there's no question that I completely agree as well, this game has not really changed at all. You would think with so many years with the same engine they would have worked out the bugs by now.

WOW now if someone at EA can read.

LOL
Old 08-18-2005, 05:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon13 Re: Madden Now & Next Generation

This is a great post I have not played madden for the last 3yrs and also am very disapointed with EA.This years game from graphics to presentation including horrible madden banter hasnt changed but in very very small steps in the last 3yrs(I am satisfied with gamplay very sim like now).I am a bigger online player than offline so now you know why I havnt played madden in 3yrs.
The 2k series that was crushed by EA was light yrs ahead of madden online (yes it did have its glitches,to easy to run,DE blitzes, etc..) but the series made tremendous strides every single yr from its inception on dreamcast!Madden continues to just tweak and add gimiks I am extremly miffed that graphics have not changed at ALL in 3 yrs since I played last.
How are we in the second season of online play on the xbox and have absoloutly no online options, here is what we dont have on madden but we had on 2k online for the last 4yrs wich really doesnt make sense since EA had to have played last yrs 2k otherwise they wouldnt have squashed them.
1-Cannot watch any replays (manually or automatically in game).
2-No challenges
3-No weather
4-No in game invites from others and cant decline if there was
5-Cannot turn QB view off
6-clock glitch- from snap of punt the clock runs down from when punter has ball to the change of offenses 1st down
7-Absolutly no stats (NOT even who you played last) are kept unless its a 4min ranked game
8-No VIP download
9-No leagues
10-cannot invite more than 1 person to play
11-cannot view freinds list from in game
12-cannot send messages to any friends on list during game
13-way to many pre snap buttons needed to adjust hot route,man in motion,line adjustments all this was done simpler with 2k's right stick
14-800 hundred million to ESPN and not 1 mention of them in game, no pre game show,no halftime show and no post game show????
15- have you linked your gamertag to EA? if so what an unprofesional joke of an Email you get of your stats after the game
16-The rarity of ingame on screen stat overlays are also a joke
17-Fatigue does not work online Played multiple consecutive running plays and Rb's dont get tired
18-Since fatigue doesnt work no one automatically subs in or out

Last edited by dguru; 08-18-2005 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:41 PM   #11
Pro

Jeven316's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguru
This is a great post I have not played madden for the last 3yrs and also am very disapointed with EA.This years game from gameplay,graphics to presentation hasnt changed but in very very small steps in the last 3yrs.I am a bigger online player than offline so now you know why I havnt played madden in 3yrs.
The 2k series that was crushed by EA was light yrs ahead of madden online (yes it did have its glitches,to easy to run,DE blitzes, etc..) but the series made tremendous strides every single yr from its inception on dreamcast!Madden continues to just tweak and add gimiks I am extremly miffed that graphics have not changed at ALL in 3 yrs since I played last.
How are we in the second season of online play on the xbox and have absoloutly no online options here is what we dont have on madden but we had on 2k online for the last 4yrs wich really doesnt make sense since EA had to have played last yrs 2k otherwise they wouldnt have squashed them.
1-Cannot watch any replays (manually or in game).
2-No challenges
3-No weather
4-No in game invites from others and cant decline if there was
5-Cannot turn QB view off
6-clock glitch- from snap of punt the clock runs down from when punter has ball to the change of offenses 1st down
7-Absolutly no stats (NOT even who you played last) are kept unless its a 4min ranked game
8-No VIP download
9-No leagues
10-cannot invite more than 1 person to play
11-cannot view freinds list from in game
12-cannot send messages to any friends on list during game
13-way to many pre snap buttons needed to adjust hot route,man in motion,line adjustments all this was done simpler with 2k's right stick
14-a couple hundred million to ESPN and not 1 mention of them in game, no pre game show,no halftime show and no post game show
15- have you linked your gamertag to EA? if so what an unprofesional joke of an Email you get of your stats after the game
16-The rarity of ingame on screen stat overlays are also a joke
I guess Ill stop now befor I get flamed
While I agree with alot of things you say I disagree with some as well.
Like watching replays, I'm glad Madden doesn't have that, 2K online would have a bunch of stupid little kids go and watch the same replay for 4 minutes, I get the whole 4 minute timer but when I just wanna play I don't wanna wait for 4 minutes to do it. Then if you gave them another four minutes instead of taking a win they would more than likely quit. I had weather in last years Madden 05 online, I thought I played a few snow games with the Steelers, never played a rain game though. #11 and #12 slow down ESPN's online gaming alot too and I would not like that for Madden, because then you would get in games with people and they would quit mid game because they were waiting for a friend to get on, happened to me alot on ESPN. 15- Did ESPN even have stats sent to you? I actually don't know. Like I said I agree with alot you say.
Supporter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 06:59 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

hey Jeven big jet fan here also
I was just stating what we online players have been accustome to for many yrs now, this is 2005 most online games especially ones in thier 2nd generation and not just sports games now have multiple options yet the mighty 20yr old Madden only has 4 settings that can be changed online 1-fatigue,2 ranked or not,3-time of unranked game only and 4-difficulty.Madden has actualy gone backward with less options than last yrs version (had leagues)!The days of excuses are over for EA its time to put up now that they have taken the American way of CHOICE from us!

Your kinda right that gameplay would be slown down online with #11-12 but not to have replay option is just plain dumb especially when playin my friends(I cant see who missed a block,who missed thier coverage,watch a great shoestring touchdown or a 80yrd run) in 2k you could at least turn automatic replay on or off.

What im getting at is we have no choice to switch to a diffrent game so at least we should be able to turn what we want on/off online as well as offline.

In regard to #15 no we didnt get an email stat but we did get to view our last 5 opponents with scores,tendancies,etc...and I wont even go into VIP.

Last edited by dguru; 08-18-2005 at 07:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »