Home

Anyone else notice that Braylon Edwards and Troy Williamson are STUDS in this game?

This is a discussion on Anyone else notice that Braylon Edwards and Troy Williamson are STUDS in this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Anyone else notice that Braylon Edwards and Troy Williamson are STUDS in this game?

OK i'm playing as the Bears on All-Madden. On my regular season schedule, I face the Browns, then a bye week, then the Vikings.

When I faced the browns in week 3, Braylon Edwards was unstoppable. Ive tried to shade him, double him up, bump n run coverage, and anything else you can name.. and nothing can stop this guy. His stats were

9 catches for 248 yards and 3 tds.

Then when I faced Troy Williamson, he had similiar stats.

4 catches 101 yards, 2 TDs.

Anyoen else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 08:24 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Anyone else notice that Braylon Edwards and Troy Williamson are STUDS in this game?

I think all of the rookie WR's are terribly overrated. Reggie Brown is rated in the mid-70's. That's ridiculously high for a second round pick.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Re: Anyone else notice that Braylon Edwards and Troy Williamson are STUDS in this gam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
I think all of the rookie WR's are terribly overrated. Reggie Brown is rated in the mid-70's. That's ridiculously high for a second round pick.
Yeah I think your right. Thats the bad thing about using EA's rosters.

Oh and I forgot to mention that each time those 2 recievers caught the ball, they were untouchable. I couldnt catch up to them no matter who I was controlling.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Anyone else notice that Braylon Edwards and Troy Williamson are STUDS in this gam

Yeah....luckily with online play now you can just wait until week 4 or thereabouts and get a new roster version with them toned down a little bit.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 08-16-2005, 10:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I use the Vikes in my franchise and Williamson is very productive. When I first started playing my franchise, I wasn't even planning on throwing to him that much, but he seemed to always be open. Like in real life, he's a speed demon in the game and is often open for the deep ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 12:51 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

I actually think that Troy Williamson is sick because he's featured in EA's new Madden next-gen movie ...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7116&type=wmv (credit ZClimber45 from MP for the link)

He's the only player specifically named in the entire thing ... They have a habit of pumping up the ratings of guys who they endorse.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:32 AM   #7
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Anyone else notice that Braylon Edwards and Troy Williamson are STUDS in this game?

I think that all rookies in the game have an edge in order to spur the interest in building up a team with young studs. Also many backups are underrated and wre very effective especially in the WR position.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

williamson not being caught from behind isn't a big surprise cuz he's a flat-out burner but edwards is a different story. i notice sometimes that a particular player on offense has to have a monster game (part of the A.I. i guess) and there ain't anything u can do to stop it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »