Home

Madden Percision Passing Irony

This is a discussion on Madden Percision Passing Irony within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-17-2005, 03:00 PM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden Percision Passing Irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
Yes. It takes about 2 series to know what kind of QB you play. You either throw to your primary a lot or you dont. Pretty easy to pick up on this.

Not to mention a big flashlight shining on the reciever a second before the ball is thrown to him is a little bit of a give away dont you think ? And like I said we all know ROUGHLY how much time you have in the pocket to throw. You know after a few seconds that flashlight is going to be locked onto someone and that someone is where the ball is going to go because the QB doesnt have enought time to move it again.

IMO the flashlight helps the D unfairly. Oh- kaaaaaaaaaaay.
You seem to have missed the point KRS-One and I were trying to make. Any player with half a brain who sees that the defense is purposely leaving the primary guy uncovered is going to throw to him the ball. That's sort of the point of having a primary target in the first place.

As for this notion of the def. having some sort of unfair advantage, I'm not seeing it. Any advantage gained by watching the cone is only useful if you actually have defenders in position to do something about it. Since any reasonably competent player is going to throw where the defense ain't, this seems to me to be more a case of bad qb play than cheating defense.

Last game: Houston 37 Navy 21

Next game: 10/31 vs UCF

Old 08-17-2005, 03:01 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hmm, the vision cone doesn't give that big a tip if you're playing with someone like Manning or Brady...plus like others have said, in real life the defenders know where the QB is looking.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:12 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
You seem to have missed the point KRS-One and I were trying to make. Any player with half a brain who sees that the defense is purposely leaving the primary guy uncovered is going to throw to him the ball. That's sort of the point of having a primary target in the first place.

As for this notion of the def. having some sort of unfair advantage, I'm not seeing it. Any advantage gained by watching the cone is only useful if you actually have defenders in position to do something about it. Since any reasonably competent player is going to throw where the defense ain't, this seems to me to be more a case of bad qb play than cheating defense.

Well I can only speak for myself. But in less than a week I have gained a pretty good idea of when the QB HAS to throw the ball or get sacked. Just look for the flashlight roughly 2-3 seconds after the ball is snapped and more than likly thats where the pass is going.

And I still dont comprehend how you guys cant see that a light shining on a WR before the ball can be thrown to him is a give away.

And how is it NOT a D advantage when the QB now MUST be looking at a WR to throw him the ball , but a DB can have his back turned to the QB and still be able to see the ball and the QB's flashlight? Should it not be equal for both O and D. If a QB must be able to see the WR to throw him the ball shouldnt a DB or LB also have to see the QB in order to see his flashlight ? Basically MAdden 06 has said DEFENSE can see everything ,anytime nomatter what direction they are facing , but QB's can only see in a 10 yard feild of vision. Thats unfair IMO.
Minnesota Wild
Old 08-17-2005, 03:25 PM   #20
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Well I can only speak for myself. But in less than a week I have gained a pretty good idea of when the QB HAS to throw the ball or get sacked. Just look for the flashlight roughly 2-3 seconds after the ball is snapped and more than likly thats where the pass is going.

And I still dont comprehend how you guys cant see that a light shining on a WR before the ball can be thrown to him is a give away.

And how is it NOT a D advantage when the QB now MUST be looking at a WR to throw him the ball , but a DB can have his back turned to the QB and still be able to see the ball and the QB's flashlight? Should it not be equal for both O and D. If a QB must be able to see the WR to throw him the ball shouldnt a DB or LB also have to see the QB in order to see his flashlight ? Basically MAdden 06 has said DEFENSE can see everything ,anytime nomatter what direction they are facing , but QB's can only see in a 10 yard feild of vision. Thats unfair IMO.
Agreed, and the long ball is impossible also
Old 08-17-2005, 03:42 PM   #21
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

A "giveaway" is only useful if the d can do something with the knowledge. If they're out of position, knowing where the ball is going 1-2 secs. before it's thrown ain't very useful, is it?

It appears to me that you are taking the "vision" part literally, and that isn't the designer's intent. The point of the cone is to take into account that some NFL qb's, because of their superior field awareness, can go through their progressions faster than the average qb. Because their cones are so large, there are usually 2-3 targets available at all times, and their cones are large enough that all they have to do to focus on a target not currently highlighted is flick the right stick.

The average to below-average qb's, who generally have to use the more cumbersome and time consuming trigger/button method, will generally only have time for a couple of reads before they have to either dump the ball off or bail out of the pocket.

Last game: Houston 37 Navy 21

Next game: 10/31 vs UCF

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 03:53 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

You guys probably just arent that good, it takes nothing to "Look OFF" the coverage and then throw to the reciver you really want to hit, sure the flash light shines on him but if your any good you will switch to the guy then immeadiatly throw it taking away any advantage they would have had. ITs realistic you asked for it, if a DB is looking at a qbs eyes the qb could easily look the db off and throw elswere, its your fault for locking on to a reciever. Even Al micheals says that a bad idea

Not to mention that a good QB can look at least 3 recievers at once depending on the route, you guys are probably all using vick or some other low awareness qb, you dont even need the cone to throw any pass in the flats, theres a whole bevy of techniques you can use u just have to try them out

really it YOU that is giving the defense and advantage by being predictible
Old 08-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I believe he is describing playing defense.

gotcha

well I haven't had much of this problem because I haven been playing online almost the whole time and everyone usually does a pretty good job of hiding who they are throwing it to.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield
Old 08-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #24
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasha
gotcha

well I haven't had much of this problem because I haven been playing online almost the whole time and everyone usually does a pretty good job of hiding who they are throwing it to.
Yeah its just frustrating throwing to an open guy and then all of a sudden like 5 guys come Around him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »