Home

camera view for hdtv owners

This is a discussion on camera view for hdtv owners within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2005, 11:00 PM   #9
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: camera view for hdtv owners

Yeah I have been playing with widescreen in the Madden camera options. However I noticed when scrambling to one side you couldn't see the other side of the field, that is why I went searching for another view. I think the default is where its at.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:17 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm on a 16:9 tv and using widescreen and it looks great. I'll have to go back and try the default cam and classic cam again though just to compare now that i've used widescreen for awhile.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-18-2005, 09:03 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a 51" widescreen HDTV and I use the widescreen camera. It's been a while but from what I recall, the classic and madden camera angles didn't show sideline to sideline. Plus it was too close for my liking. I also have the widescreen setting enabled in the xbox dashboard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

to be honest with you, i haven't tried any other options. im happy with the default so why bother.

hey sirjam. a lil' off the topic, but do you have MVP? if so do you play in 1080 mode and frame rate issues?...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 08-18-2005, 09:57 AM   #13
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

I have a 34" Widescreen HDTV (Sony KDXBR960). I have the widescreen mode enabled on my dashboard and I've been playing with the regular Madden Cam. It looks great to me. I've been meaning to try the widescreen cam just to see the difference, but I also don't want the players to look too small.

Oh and Whaaaazuuuuup, I have MVP 2006 as well. It plays in 720p though, not 1080i. Anyway, it looks fantastic in 720p (I wish Madden supported this resolution). I do have some frame-rate issues when fielding, mostly in the running animations, but the game looks so amazingly crisp that I don't mind at all.

After seeing what MVP looks like in 720p, I CAN'T WAIT to see Madden 360 on my tv!!

Last edited by tanis38; 08-18-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #14
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I use widescreen
Old 08-18-2005, 11:32 AM   #15
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I use widescreen
Most of you might not like my camera settings, but I love being able to customize it however I like.

I enabled the widescreen in my XBOX dash, and then use a modified madden view (a little closer on the passing view). I can still see the field, but the players aren't too small.

I have a 42 inch sony LCD and I like the view.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »