Home

Manual catching vs computer catching it

This is a discussion on Manual catching vs computer catching it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2005, 11:19 PM   #1
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Manual catching vs computer catching it

I post something like this about the lob v the bullet pass. Now I am having troubles with catching. What do you think is better manual catch or letting the computer catching. Now if you guys say manual catch, when do you take control of the receiver and when do you know when to press the y button. Post your thoughts please I really need help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 11:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Manual catching vs computer catching it

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
I post something like this about the lob v the bullet pass. Now I am having troubles with catching. What do you think is better manual catch or letting the computer catching. Now if you guys say manual catch, when do you take control of the receiver and when do you know when to press the y button. Post your thoughts please I really need help.
Let the cpu catch it if the receiver is open, manually catch it if you are in traffic. That is how I go about it. I also manually catch it if there is only one guy to beat after the catch, because I have gotten it down so I can catch and juke right off the bat and make them miss.

Usually wait until the last second before you press the catch button because if you do it too early you will drop the pass. Also, always be pressing the joystick the direction your route is going or you will stop when taking control of the receiver.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Manual catching vs computer catching it

I almost always do it manually, the only main exception is when my guy is either wide open, or needs to stop and jump, just because it never works when I try to stop and jump.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »