Home

running game

This is a discussion on running game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
running game

Does anyone else find the running game to be completely unrealistic? no gang tackles, bouncing off your own lineman, bad blocking ai, no momentum

Im trying to enjoy this game but this is just killing the game for me. am i way off base here or is Maddens running game truly horrendous and a definite game killer.

I wish I had never played NFL 2k5 cuz everytime I play Madden when I run the ball i compare it to 2k5 which is simply unfair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 12:37 PM   #2
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: running game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman27
Does anyone else find the running game to be completely unrealistic? no gang tackles, bouncing off your own lineman, bad blocking ai, no momentum

Im trying to enjoy this game but this is just killing the game for me. am i way off base here or is Maddens running game truly horrendous and a definite game killer.

I wish I had never played NFL 2k5 cuz everytime I play Madden when I run the ball i compare it to 2k5 which is simply unfair.
Good point but tapping the a button to sprint is anoying, but yes madens run game needs to be improved because its so hard to stop the outside run online
Old 08-18-2005, 12:47 PM   #3
DickDalewood

OVR:

I love the running game, actually. Aside from a little pinball action (which I feel EA improved this year with some of those spins off tackles, and other added animations), I think the way the players run and move is very realistic. Their weight and momentum really make it feel like a person to me...

Old 08-18-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman27

Lower the CPU and human Break Block sliders to about 5 or 6, and lower all tackling (CPU and Human) to zero. It plays more like 2k5 that way - good RB momentum against the secondary.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:50 PM   #5
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

I think the only think I can agree with is the bouncing off blockers.

Otherwise I have experienced gang tackling, good AI blocking, and momentum. I dont know if you are frustrated because you are so used to 2K5 but give it some time.

And I agree the 2K5 button tapping and charging up was lame, if this was gone 2K5 was overall a great game.

Have you adjusted your sliders mavsman?
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 01:06 PM   #6
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

The running game is better, but IMO is still isn't very good. To suggest that Mario Running is gone is laughable. Either, they a) haven't played the game enough or b)don't know really what mario running is.

Holes open up much better(altho OL AI is still far behind 2K5 as far as the running game goes. Madden's pass pro. AI is slightly better), but that about the only difference. RB still bounce off the OL is a silly, unrealistic way. There isn't the abundance of moves and styles to contrast all the RB's in the league. I could go on and on. that said, Madden plays a damn good game of football, but to be honest, the run game has been sh**** since forever.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
I think the only think I can agree with is the bouncing off blockers.

Otherwise I have experienced gang tackling, good AI blocking, and momentum. I dont know if you are frustrated because you are so used to 2K5 but give it some time.

And I agree the 2K5 button tapping and charging up was lame, if this was gone 2K5 was overall a great game.

Have you adjusted your sliders mavsman?
Madden does not have true gang tackling, they have a two man tackle animation, that's it.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:47 PM   #8
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

Two people is enough for me. The game cant be COMPLETELY realistic...Its damn near immpossible...your talking about a game not REAL LIFE

Mario running should be addressed, as well as the medicore OL AI...

Your guys expectations sometimes exceed the capabilities of what programmers can do in one season. If anyone has taken a computer engineering class they would understand and appreciate what goes into the making of a game and developing a realistic AI. Not everything can just be done with the snap of a finger.
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings

Last edited by USCTrojan83; 08-18-2005 at 01:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »