Home

running game

This is a discussion on running game within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-18-2005, 02:37 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: running game

Can someone please explain Mario running? Is that when they bounce of the blockers like a pinball

I have lowered the tackle slider 2 notches for both human and cpu is that enough? I think more broken tackles would definitely help the running.

I play 2k5 but Im trying to enjoy Madden 06 (brother will only play 2player chise on Madden).

thanks
Old 08-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #10
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman27
Can someone please explain Mario running? Is that when they bounce of the blockers like a pinball

I have lowered the tackle slider 2 notches for both human and cpu is that enough? I think more broken tackles would definitely help the running.

I play 2k5 but Im trying to enjoy Madden 06 (brother will only play 2player chise on Madden).

thanks
Yes, or when then run in place alot. You'll see it when they get stuck behind an OL or a hole that got clogged.

Yeah lowering tackle slider will help the broken tackles in the game...also if you bump RB ability up a little will allow for this also.
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 08-18-2005, 02:54 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Two people is enough for me. The game cant be COMPLETELY realistic...Its damn near immpossible...your talking about a game not REAL LIFE

Mario running should be addressed, as well as the medicore OL AI...

Your guys expectations sometimes exceed the capabilities of what programmers can do in one season. If anyone has taken a computer engineering class they would understand and appreciate what goes into the making of a game and developing a realistic AI. Not everything can just be done with the snap of a finger.
When I say gang tackling, I'm talking about a ball carrier being engaged with one defensive player and then another defensive player coming in to assist on the tackle. This is not impossible and has been done. All you get from EA is a prescripted, two man animation. If one defender engages, all the other players can do is stand around and wait to see if the ball carrier breaks the tackle or goes down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #12
Pro

USCTrojan83's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
When I say gang tackling, I'm talking about a ball carrier being engaged with one defensive player and then another defensive player coming in to assist on the tackle. This is not impossible and has been done. All you get from EA is a prescripted, two man animation. If one defender engages, all the other players can do is stand around and wait to see if the ball carrier breaks the tackle or goes down.
Well I have seen the double tackle at once. But I have seen a CB wrap up a RB and not being able to pull him down and another CB, or LB, SS come up and tackle the RB or WR. It happens a lot in my games. I dont know what else you want. But I've seen it plenty of times within one game.
Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers
MLB Baseball
Los Angeles Angeles of Anahiem
Atlanta Braves
NHL Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Old 08-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Well I have seen the double tackle at once. But I have seen a CB wrap up a RB and not being able to pull him down and another CB, or LB, SS come up and tackle the RB or WR. It happens a lot in my games. I dont know what else you want. But I've seen it plenty of times within one game.
The only way that you have seen anything close to that, is if the RB or WR has broken away from the first tackler. You never see a tackle start with one tackler and another tackler helps him out, while the first tackler is still engaged. If you have seen it, you are the first and only person that I have ever heard of seeing this in an EA football game.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:16 PM   #14
Banned

Why cant EA give VC a call and ask them how they do their gang tackling?

watch any nfl game Id say well over half of all tackles are where one guy wraps up and another guy comes in and finishes the tackle. VC has this down to a tee.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »