Home

Why Madden 2006 is not as good as people hoped...

This is a discussion on Why Madden 2006 is not as good as people hoped... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2005, 11:32 PM   #65
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Why Madden 2006 is not as good as people hoped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuch94
Yea, but the point is that they are greedy to want the exclusive license
For the 100 millionth time, the NFL offered the exclusive license to EVERY COMPANY. EA just happened to be the ones with enough money to afford it. What would you expect them to do, let SEGA, or 989 have it, and lose their best selling franchise??

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2005, 12:54 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
For the 100 millionth time, the NFL offered the exclusive license to EVERY COMPANY. EA just happened to be the ones with enough money to afford it. What would you expect them to do, let SEGA, or 989 have it, and lose their best selling franchise??

EA went to the NFL years ago to try to get an exclusive license. They did the same thing last year and finally got it. It was NOT offered to every company.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:57 AM   #67
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
EA went to the NFL years ago to try to get an exclusive license. They did the same thing last year and finally got it. It was NOT offered to every company.
Where do you get your information? Yes, EA has approached the NFL for years to obtain an exclusive license. You say it was not offered to every company, but every legitimate news service states as fact that EA obtained the license through a bidding process after being approached by the NFL. If you have other inside information, you need to provide it before making claims like that.

Old 08-20-2005, 07:23 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
So you're saying that the vision cone alone is enough for Madden to feel like a fresh new, exciting game? I'm sorry man, I'm just not buying that. Adding the vision cone to Madden is like a ugly chick putting on a sexy dress. Sure, the dress makes her look sexy but she's still ugly to begin with.

As far as some ppl being "disgruntled 2Kers", you damn right I'm disgruntled. Just when I finally see the promise land, EA builds a 90 feet wall around it. Alot of ppl say "get over it", "move on", well once again I'm sorry. I find it a shame that a game from a year ago can hold its weight against a game thats reletively new. You can keep accpeting that BS, I'm not.
I'll say this right now. Madden 2006 is more of a different game from 2005 than ESPN 2K5 is from 2K4. That my friend is fact. If you think the only thing different this year in Madden is the cone then it's clear that you have not given the game a fair shake.

Look past the graphics and presentation and get to the actual gameplay.

Let me ask you this. What made ESPN NFL 2K5 so different from 2K4?
Old 08-20-2005, 07:54 AM   #69
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I repeat:the people on this board who are saying that Madden '06 is a disappointment are folks who were predisposed to not like the game anyway (i.e. grumpy 2k fans). Anyone who states that this years version is merely "Madden 2005.1" , or that the game is proof that EA felt no need to try this year, is just flat wrong. It is impossible to spend any time at all with vision passing and make then such a preposterous statement while retaining any credibility.Just because a few 2k fans say the game is a disappointment doesn't make it so.
You can rest assured to see a post like this in every thread where someone posts his displeasure of the Madden series... Did it ever occur to you that some poeple just don't see that many improvements? I'm not a madden *****, but I did love the 2k series. That doesn't mean that I'm going to bash Madden and be a fanboy. there are things about madden the irratate the hell out of me. Like QB's who have their back to the play and are able to fire the ball 50 yds down field. This is something that has plagued the series for years. And I really don't see the improvement in the running game. the blocking is better, but the moves are extremly stiff(although I still prefer it to last year's game where you could juke anyone with Jerome Bettis).

Then there's the putrid graphics which I won't even get into.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-20-2005, 08:06 AM   #70
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
You can rest assured to see a post like this in every thread where someone posts his displeasure of the Madden series... Did it ever occur to you that some poeple just don't see that many improvements? I'm not a madden *****, but I did love the 2k series. That doesn't mean that I'm going to bash Madden and be a fanboy. there are things about madden the irratate the hell out of me. Like QB's who have their back to the play and are able to fire the ball 50 yds down field. This is something that has plagued the series for years. And I really don't see the improvement in the running game. the blocking is better, but the moves are extremly stiff(although I still prefer it to last year's game where you could juke anyone with Jerome Bettis).

Then there's the putrid graphics which I won't even get into.
Though you have to admit that almost every post criticising the game has "I'm not a Madden *****, but I loved 2k," in it. Not to say that valid points aren't made, but the word "disappointment" is coming mostly from the 2k crowd than the Madden crowd. And I'm discounting fanboys on both sides.

Putrid graphics are so subjective. I've always seen 2k as very cartoony with its bright colors. I prefer Madden's more washed out look.

Old 08-20-2005, 08:14 AM   #71
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Though you have to admit that almost every post criticising the game has "I'm not a Madden *****, but I loved 2k," in it. Not to say that valid points aren't made, but the word "disappointment" is coming mostly from the 2k crowd than the Madden crowd. And I'm discounting fanboys on both sides.

Putrid graphics are so subjective. I've always seen 2k as very cartoony with its bright colors. I prefer Madden's more washed out look.
Im not a 2K fan, i bought both games but have been playing Madden for years, just bought 2K last ywar because ti was supposed to be insanley good. As for being a *****, its just because EA is ignorant to main problems and just tried to cover it up with little add on features every year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2005, 08:59 AM   #72
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuch94
Im not a 2K fan, i bought both games but have been playing Madden for years, just bought 2K last ywar because ti was supposed to be insanley good. As for being a *****, its just because EA is ignorant to main problems and just tried to cover it up with little add on features every year
EA just knows its going to sell a certain number of games each year whether or not the problems are fixed. I doubt EA is ignorant to any customer wishlists.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »