Home

Old 09-02-2005, 03:29 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: "Trade Me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Two questions because I'm waiting for the Xbox360 version...

Slick...can you explain what makes the draft in Madden so good?

And to anyone...does players demanding trades get out of control in the game? It seems like if you either have a bad season or decide to start one guy over another, they all of the sudden want to be traded...are you then like trading guys every SINGLE year simply because they ask to be traded?

And will a guy who demands a trade ever decide to quit his demands and play for you again? I ask this stuff because it would suck to draft a guy you REALLY like only to have him want to be traded only because you have had a couple losing seasons or because he's the second WR and not the number one WR.

Thanks.
The draft is so great becuase there are finnally first round busts and hidden gems, instead of certain players always being great, good coaching, winning, training, and playing well can turn a 4th round pick into an all pro. at the same time you can take a guy no 1 overall and if your team and coaching doesnt support him he will never pan out.

The "Trade Me" situation really only happens when a talented guy (usually 85+) is rotting on the bench behind someone who is only marginally better or worse. it never happens to a No 2 reciver but a situation like the lions with 3 #1 draft picks a WR will allways result in a Trade Me becuase there is just not enough ball to go around, if you could manage to have your backup still have great stats then they are less likely to play.

It gets annoying that a guys will want to be traded after a year of sitting the bench, but in truth that is how it is. but you usually wont have to deal with it a whole lot, and losing just one season doesnt make players want to leave, 3-4 in a row will hurt relations.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I find most rookies don't mind take'n the # 2 or 3 spot on my Depth Chart.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #19
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by armistead
Has anyone had this problem in franchise? I had a poor first season as the Giants and during the off-season both Shockey and Plaxico demanded trades. I couldn't do anything to change their minds. I even gave Shockey a new contract and he wouldn't change his mind. I ended up trading him and some picks to San Diego for Gates.
Why on earth would you give him a new contract when he's demanding a trade???
Old 09-03-2005, 02:22 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

It's ridiculous.

Guys won't play at all when they want to be traded, which forces you to trade them, which (because they are usually the better players on your team) in turn makes others pissed and want to be traded. Not to mention the horrible cap penalties you accumalate having to trade these guys.

It's an endless cycle.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:47 PM   #21
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
It's ridiculous.

Guys won't play at all when they want to be traded, which forces you to trade them, which (because they are usually the better players on your team) in turn makes others pissed and want to be traded. Not to mention the horrible cap penalties you accumalate having to trade these guys.

It's an endless cycle.
Isn't that the case in real life, though?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

My question is what do the cpu teams do when a player gets to trade me status? Because to my knowledge they wont trade players in the game due to the AI. Can someone test and see maybe by trying to trade a player like Thomas Jones to New Orleans and see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »