Home

Madden 06 sets opening week sales record

This is a discussion on Madden 06 sets opening week sales record within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2005, 12:31 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 06 sets opening week sales record

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
The price a store sells a game at has very little to do with what EA makes from that store. Remember that what you or I pay for the game on an individual basis is very different than what the stores pay when they order in bulk.

So if you spent $32 on the game, that $32 isn't going back to EA. They already got their money. That $32 goes to the store.

At least that's how I think it works.
That is how it works. EA already got paid. Now the store does what it can to make its money back from what they paid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Did anyone notice the release did not mention NHL 2006? It got lumped in with the rest of the EA Sports Lineup. They probably don't even care about it as 2K6 is supposed to be $20 and the price and game will kill it.

As for Madden, 1.7 million is certainly impressive. Even the haters are choking hard on that one.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:43 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Don
Wow, that is high but not surprising as it was sold out everywhere where I live.

My friends and I are really enjoying this game, it's the most fun we've had with a football game in a long time.
Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to ea's target audience!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 02:12 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 21

Haven't they set first week sales records each of the last couple years for the Madden franchise (not sure if I'm mistaken). I thought last year was something like 1.3mil. With the way the videogame industry continues to grow, and the fact that they have no logical competition now, setting a sales record should be a given for the next five years.

Personally I happen to think this year's Madden is pretty good, but I haven't been able to stomach playing the game much the past two years. What's weird is that many of my more hardcore Madden friends (they're not hardcore enough to jump on websites talking about the game, but refuse to accept any other product) don't look at this year's game as being all that different from year's previous and find it's flaws more glaring/frustrating. Madden is one of the few games that's for all practical purposes review-proof. Year in and year out, look at how many people that are displeased with the game will say "I'll wait until next year", or in this year's case, "I'm waiting for the 360 version". If the 360 version disappoints, I don't even think it'll be a problem for EA because most people will simply say they'll look forward to the next version of the game. Many have been conditioned to the point where Madden is an automatic purchase now.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:35 PM   #29
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Easy for a company to break records when you monopolize the market. My store even told us, if we bad mouthed any of the EA products Madden or Live to be exact. That we would be terminated, because they ordered too many copies and it was the biggest thing since Halo Sales. I've even had co-workers tell customers the game was a disappointment and it wasn't that good. And they got suspended from work with no warning.
Where do you work, Nazi Germany?
Old 08-19-2005, 02:44 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 10

The NFL and ESPN rights are for YEARS too come, plus Madden/NCAA aren't the only games to help pay it off.

Lol look @ almost 97% of the posts in this thread, its hate...lmao...smh.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:48 PM   #31
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Easy for a company to break records when you monopolize the market. My store even told us, if we bad mouthed any of the EA products Madden or Live to be exact. That we would be terminated, because they ordered too many copies and it was the biggest thing since Halo Sales. I've even had co-workers tell customers the game was a disappointment and it wasn't that good. And they got suspended from work with no warning.

Too much corrupt politics surrounds this game.
What exactly do you think should happen to an employee that attempts to talk a customer out of making a purchase? A pat on the back, perhaps?

If I were running that store they wouldn't have been suspended, they would be gone.

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-19-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 03:14 PM   #32
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
What exactly do you think should happen to an employee that attempts to talk a customer out of making a purchase? A pat on the back, perhaps?

If I were running that store they wouldn't have been suspended, they would be gone.

Well we dont know the exact scenario. If I'm going into a store and I asked a clerks opinion on a game, I pray that he does'nt sell me on the game even if it stinks. Which in most cases they do. I would like his honest opinion on the game and maybe see for myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »