Home

Dime 3-2-6 DB Dogs 1

This is a discussion on Dime 3-2-6 DB Dogs 1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2005, 06:37 PM   #1
Rookie

Rangerneb's Arena

OVR: 2
Dime 3-2-6 DB Dogs 1

After spending considerable amount of time in the lab I think I found a nice little defensive play. First i'll go to the 4th CB package, hot route the strong side safety to zone the corner strong side (who I usually control more often than not), pinch the line and have line blitz outside, spread LBs and bump n run, hot route the MLB to yellow zone up the middle, man up and shade the slot to the inside with the other LB. I'll generally play with the weak or strong side safety. The play reminds me alot of DB strike 1 in quarters but if you set it up properly and know your opponents tendencies this has decent coverage and a nasty blitz. I'll run this on a passing down more often than not. Especially 3rd down. I'm generating alot of heat with it. Anyone liking this blitz? Any thoughts?

Madden (ps2): rangerneb
Current playbook: GB
Defense: Balanced
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Dime 3-2-6 DB Dogs 1

Sounds like they should hike the ball before you can finish pulling off your Frankenstein creation.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Rangerneb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by conboy31
Sounds like they should hike the ball before you can finish pulling off your Frankenstein creation.
LOL, Actually its quite simple to put together, especially since you can hold X presnap to go from the LBs to the CBs by just hitting up on the D pad.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Sounds nasty. I'll have to try it out. I've been working on some blitz plays of my own with the Steelers, but I just can't get enough time with the game to perfect them. I'm still having trouble remembering all the presnap adjustment buttons. How do you put someone into zone coverage again? And is there a way to put your safeties in 2-Deep zone without changing the rest of the assignments? Hopefully some serious play this weekend will help out. Thanks,

Q
Old 08-18-2005, 08:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Rangerneb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by q_bert183
Sounds nasty. I'll have to try it out. I've been working on some blitz plays of my own with the Steelers, but I just can't get enough time with the game to perfect them. I'm still having trouble remembering all the presnap adjustment buttons. How do you put someone into zone coverage again? And is there a way to put your safeties in 2-Deep zone without changing the rest of the assignments? Hopefully some serious play this weekend will help out. Thanks,

Q
Up on the R3 stick should put your MLB in a yellow zone, if not do it it double.
Triangle and L or R on the R3 will shift your secondary coverage to either the strong or weak. Its important to always have your coverage on the strong side since most people tend to throw there.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »