Home

The general feeling of this game from this forum.

This is a discussion on The general feeling of this game from this forum. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-19-2005, 11:02 AM   #9
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The general feeling of this game from this forum.

Fame formation audibles? I'm sorry, but I haven't see it. Each time I do an audible it changes formations.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-19-2005, 11:15 AM   #10
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
Fame formation audibles? I'm sorry, but I haven't see it. Each time I do an audible it changes formations.
He's talking about the four preset audibles for each formation (in addition to the five customizable ones we've always had) that they added this year. For ps2, you call them by hitting the audible button and then pushing the right stick left, right, up or down. I imagine it works pretty much the same way on xbox as well.

If you play as the same team a lot, it's a good idea to spend some time in practice mode just going through the formations and seeing what the preset audibles are.

Last game: BYU 43 Houston 26

Next game: 10/24 @ Navy

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-19-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:22 AM   #11
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I'm starting to love this game, I think I'm past the begginer's learnin curve with the passing cone and now that I'm starting to get a good feel of it I'm starting to do really well passing.

But I am having problems running the ball this year, I seem to do better if I just hike the ball and let the cpu run the RB for me at least until I get into the open somewhat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
He's talking about the four preset audibles for each formation (in addition to the five customizable ones we've always had) that they added this year. For ps2, you call them by hitting the audible button and then pushing the right stick left, right, up or down. I imagine it works pretty much the same way on xbox as well.

If you play as the same team a lot, it's a good idea to spend some time in practice mode just going through the formations and seeing what the preset audibles are.

Yep, right analog stick up is a quick pass (perfect for the all out blitzes), right analog stick left is a play action pass, right analog stick down is a run play, and right analog stick right is a deep pass. All of these keep you in the same formation and take very little time to execute.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:59 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkpot
Not too sure any reviews or opinions about the game matter anymore after they announced that they sold 1.7 million copies in the first week.
Well I would hope they sold 1.7 million copies being they are the only true NFL football game in town. 1.7 million copies sold doesnt mean Madden is "great", it just means people are NOT going to be without a 2006 console football game.

Let me take a large supply of water to the desert to a village of people that have been dying of thirst. Let me be the ONLY person to be supplying water to them. Let me dirty the water up some and I promise you they will still drink from my water supply. Let me go to a starving 3rd world country wtih a huge supply of rotten potatoes, they will still eat them regardless.

So this whole Madden selling x-million copies means they are so great and holy is a theory with all kinds of holes in it.

Furthermore, If there had been an NFL 2k6 this year Madden wouldnt have sold 1.7 million copies already. Madden snatched up most of the 2k players because like I said before, most people arent gonna do without a 2006 football game. I bought Madden, yup, sure did..but if there had been a 2k6 football title I wouldnt have. As far as people talking about the game wether its positive or negative, wtih that 49.99 they gave up to EA to buy the game they comes the right to comment on it, wether you like 100% the game or 10% of the game. Consumers have a right to discuss, rave about, or complain about any product they have paid for. If EA were handing Madden out for free then maybe you COULD step up and say "stop complaining, it was free." People have every right to complain or comment that Madden is the only NFL football game out. Furthermore they arent hypocrits for buying the game then telling people they dont like it or arent impressed with it. With 49.99 also comes the right for the consumer to expect and demand that the company step it up.

If you start to read someone's post and three sentences into it you see they are complaining or talking bad about the game you love, just skip down to the next post. If you see a thread that has a title hinting of someone criticizing the game then why even bother opening up that thread? What i dont understand is no one is forcing anyone to read a thread...so I dont know why people get attacked when they hear or read someothing they dont agree with.

Last edited by blackceasar; 08-19-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:03 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
Right stick audibles don't change the formation.

Take care,
PK
Old 08-19-2005, 03:44 PM   #15
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm on the fence with Madden. On the one hand, IMO it's probably the best playing Madden game in awhile. On the other hand, it's just not as fun to me as NCAA.

Although I'm an admitted NCAA junkie, in the past, when the pro titles (ESPN and MADDEN) came out, I'd usually give them both a chance. IMHO, ESPN was making huge stride, while Madden had gotten really stale. The main reasons why I'd buy Madden is because of the tie-in with the NCAA series (draft classes), and a better franchise mode.

I got Madden '06, but find myself playing NCAA '06 more. I'm interested to see what changes Madden will make in the next-gen console versions. I'm hoping for great things since it's the only choice I'll have for an NFL title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I'm on the fence with Madden. On the one hand, IMO it's probably the best playing Madden game in awhile. On the other hand, it's just not as fun to me as NCAA.

Although I'm an admitted NCAA junkie, in the past, when the pro titles (ESPN and MADDEN) came out, I'd usually give them both a chance. IMHO, ESPN was making huge stride, while Madden had gotten really stale. The main reasons why I'd buy Madden is because of the tie-in with the NCAA series (draft classes), and a better franchise mode.

I got Madden '06, but find myself playing NCAA '06 more. I'm interested to see what changes Madden will make in the next-gen console versions. I'm hoping for great things since it's the only choice I'll have for an NFL title.
You completely read my mind with this post. I could not agree more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »