Home

A few things EA noticed that they probably figured we'd forget...

This is a discussion on A few things EA noticed that they probably figured we'd forget... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2005, 10:20 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: A few things EA noticed that they probably figured we'd forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
Yeah, i'll go crazy if they have the same presentation next year with the ESPN license and everything.
I will go crazy if i pick "ask madden" on defense and hear him say "BOOM THIS DEFENSE WILL STOP THEM FOR SURE!"
Old 08-19-2005, 10:59 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briman123
I will go crazy if i pick "ask madden" on defense and hear him say "BOOM THIS DEFENSE WILL STOP THEM FOR SURE!"
Ha yeah I find that funny also, at the same time I'm still waiting to see the ambulance come on to the field and run over half of my team. Which brings me to my next point: in some ways the old Maddens actually had better presentaions then the current ones. I mean mid 90's madden had EASN and a presentaion that was very good for it's time, while today we are getting fed basically the same thing year after year. It seems like at some point Madden stopped evolving in certain aspects, I mean come on an ambulance on the field in madden what 93? And now we have had the same injury animations for 4 years................."EA SPORTS THE EVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED"..oh yeah and if it's in the game it's in the game, I almost forgot about that.
But at the same time I've bought every Madden since 92 so I guess the joke may be on me
Old 08-20-2005, 12:43 AM   #11
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briman123
I hate that aspect of the game. They should have left it like it was in 2001 when it was Ask the Coach, and you didn't have Madden calling the game AND telling you what play to run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 08:14 AM   #12
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
I played the other night and I swear I went 5,6, or 7 plays without hearing Madden say one word. I thought to myself for a moment, "is Madden in this game anymore?" Then all of a sudden, boom! There was Madden, right back in my ear.

I heard a clip Steve Czaban had where he has audio of madden sleeping during a broadcast maybe he was just taking a snooze BOOM!
Old 08-21-2005, 01:41 PM   #13
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

I keep telling youse guys, they need to hire Frank Caliendo from Mad TV to be Madden. I can just hear him rambling on during one of my many Steeler blowouts of the not-really-the-Browns in franchise, "I will change the word 'vagina' to 'monkey'."
Old 08-21-2005, 02:30 PM   #14
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

There are a few things I have noticed as well. The Temp and commentary of the temp isn't there. Also I am playing in New York in December and theres no look of the frozen field or even breath. I miss the breath. It's not a big deal to a lot but I think it looks great. Heck It was in Nfl 2k for the dreamcast.. The Cheerleaders aren't there!!! That's not a knock that's a good thing!!!!! hahah.. I think the little presentation they have is o.k. Just needs to take a notch up. They took alot of the little things out. What did they do with the extra memory??? Also the Injury annimations are terrible. I remember in 2k5 if you hurt your leg he would have coaches or players carry him off with his leg sticking out.. All in all though the game is great to me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »