Home

No More Conehead

This is a discussion on No More Conehead within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2005, 11:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
No More Conehead

I tried. I gave it my best shot. But last night I ditched the cone passing and had my best 2 games of Madden 06 yet. I realize that it makes the game better for some but it's just not for me. I tried all sorts of sliders and ideas I read about on here but nothing worked. I felt like Mel Gibson from the movie The Bounty when he screamed "I am in Hell!!". That's how I felt using the cone.

If you like the cone keep using it and enjoy. But if you are like me and gave it your best shot I advise to not take the game back because it has many great features. Just don't be a conehead anymore and you might just enjoy the game after all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: No More Conehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav
I tried. I gave it my best shot. But last night I ditched the cone passing and had my best 2 games of Madden 06 yet. I realize that it makes the game better for some but it's just not for me. I tried all sorts of sliders and ideas I read about on here but nothing worked. I felt like Mel Gibson from the movie The Bounty when he screamed "I am in Hell!!". That's how I felt using the cone.

If you like the cone keep using it and enjoy. But if you are like me and gave it your best shot I advise to not take the game back because it has many great features. Just don't be a conehead anymore and you might just enjoy the game after all.

Yeah it definately has a big learning curve, I just played and played and played until I got it.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:34 AM   #3
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

had a learning curve of about 20 minutes in practice mode
Old 08-19-2005, 11:54 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
had a learning curve of about 20 minutes in practice mode
Practice mode is essential. I used it for a couple hours, and now I am pretty decent.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
Practice mode is essential. I used it for a couple hours, and now I am pretty decent.

I did the same thing. I practiced and played real games until I just gave up.

I played as the Eagles and I made Doanvan McNabb look bad. That's when I knew it was time for a change.
The thing is now that I don't use I really don't see the point in using it. I guess it makes it more relaistic in that you have to "look off" defenders but that would be the only real value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 12:24 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav
I did the same thing. I practiced and played real games until I just gave up.

I played as the Eagles and I made Doanvan McNabb look bad. That's when I knew it was time for a change.
The thing is now that I don't use I really don't see the point in using it. I guess it makes it more relaistic in that you have to "look off" defenders but that would be the only real value.
This is a good feature. It's too bad a lot of people are having trouble with it because many of them want to use it. I wish EA would have implemeted it in a more user-friendly way.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

My buddy ditched the cone too. He the impatient type and feels practice takes away from his fracnhise time. (his loss) It took him about 2 days before he even went into the weekly prep feature with the huge NEW on the side of it. I had to point it out to him.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:44 PM   #8
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
My buddy ditched the cone too. He the impatient type and feels practice takes away from his fracnhise time. (his loss) It took him about 2 days before he even went into the weekly prep feature with the huge NEW on the side of it. I had to point it out to him.
Man, I know some people just like this. They are always the one's who come to the forums with the "How do I???" questions to which the answers where right in front of them... Quit pushing buttons and take 5 minutes to do some reading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »