Home

Old 08-18-2005, 01:48 PM   #1
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10
Defensive Man Lock?

Does this feature work on the PS2? i click the L1, but it doesn't seem to move to On or Off. Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by FAM CEO; 08-18-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 02:04 PM   #2
Rookie

chevrock22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Man Lock?

You should explain this better. Are trying to have the QB looking at a specific wide out as soon as you snap the ball?

Go Packers!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2005, 03:32 PM   #3
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevrock22
You should explain this better. Are trying to have the QB looking at a specific wide out as soon as you snap the ball?
Sorry..just changed title...i am talking about Man Lock on defense
Old 08-19-2005, 10:38 AM   #4
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed
Sorry..just changed title...i am talking about Man Lock on defense
is anyone having the same problem as me.. Does your man lock change from On to Off and vice versus on the PS2?
Old 08-19-2005, 11:24 AM   #5
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed
is anyone having the same problem as me.. Does your man lock change from On to Off and vice versus on the PS2?

I'm having this problem with the xbox version too, I'm pressing the L or R button but how do I know it's working? I guess it is but it doesn't show you because if you were playing 2 ppl on the same screen they could see what you are doing?

At any rate I've went into practice mode and selected a zone defense, then I press L for man lock on and when the play comes up the defenders aren't lines up in "man lock" coverage. So I don't know???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 11:38 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I may be way off here but "Man Lock" does not changes your defenders into man coverage. It just means that if you are in a zone and the WR goes in motion to the other side, your CB will follow him to make our opponent thing you are in man....

Am I way off here?
Old 08-19-2005, 12:39 PM   #7
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfthomp
I may be way off here but "Man Lock" does not changes your defenders into man coverage. It just means that if you are in a zone and the WR goes in motion to the other side, your CB will follow him to make our opponent thing you are in man....

Am I way off here?
No, that is correct according to the tutorial. But I think the problem is that most ppl can't get it to work, or we are looking for some way of "knowing" that it is working. I mean it doesn't make sense that L or R select it since L and R plus a button selects a play on the top or bottom bar in the playcalling menu, does that mean that if I select and L+x, a, or b play (hidden plays) that I'm automatically going to be in Man lock and if I select the bottom plays with R that it means that Man lock is turned off?

I'm confused.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

you select man lock by pressing the L trigger prior to choosing your defensive formation. The only way you can truly tell if it's working is through motion. When man lock is on, the defenders just switch the zones that they are in to replace the DB or LB that is vacating to cover his opposition. For instance, Say you call 4-3 Buzz Duo and you have the MLB w/ Man Lock on the HB. They send the HB in motion on their I-Form Normal, making I-Form Twins. So the MLB will go and switch positions with the OLB and the MLB who had a hook zone, now has a hook/curl zone. The OLB who had the hook/curl now has the middle hook zone that originally was the zone occupied by the MLB. Hope I explained it well enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »