Home

Madden360 = Xbox360 system seller

This is a discussion on Madden360 = Xbox360 system seller within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2005, 04:00 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
Madden360 = Xbox360 system seller

Just like Madden was for PS2, and Halo was for xbox...I believe it will be Madden360 which will sell lots of new xbox360s.

This years Madden sold 1.7 million copies in the first couple weeks. By October, it will probably be over 2 million+ sold. Thats a shiz load of madden players. All of those football lovers will be wanting to try the NEW Madden when it comes out...and the only way to do that is to buy an xbox360.

Is there any Madden/football game fan that wouldnt want to buy the next generation of Madden? (assuming it impresses...but marketing is what EA does best)

MS should be thanking EA that they decided to debut the new Madden with their system. With no Halo 3, the launch wouldnt be quite as good if not for the newest Madden IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2005, 08:16 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Madden360 = Xbox360 system seller

Well Microsoft said their games are gonna be $49.99, let's see if EA decides to be jerks here like they are on the PSP.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:57 PM   #3
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZ
Well Microsoft said their games are gonna be $49.99, let's see if EA decides to be jerks here like they are on the PSP.
EA said they gonna charge 60 bone for their game. Either way imma still wait for ps3, because im only gonna have one next system and it might as well be sony, since thats where mlb 2007 gonna be.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:31 PM   #4
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Sony is in trouble, everyone is gleaming over the 360, I was reading the stock market, and they were discussing videogames, and said that MS will be the powerhorse coz of the 360. They predicted by the year 2008, that MS would be the most popular system and almost outsell Sony 2 to 1!
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 08-23-2005, 01:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
Sony is in trouble, everyone is gleaming over the 360, I was reading the stock market, and they were discussing videogames, and said that MS will be the powerhorse coz of the 360. They predicted by the year 2008, that MS would be the most popular system and almost outsell Sony 2 to 1!
I'll believe that when I see it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2005, 01:57 PM   #6
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
It'll all depend on how powerful the PS3 is and at what price point it launches. And then of course, there are the games. Sony does have some exclusive titles that are big sellers for them.

Anyway, to keep this Madden related, lets say for the sake of argument that the PS3 is considerably more powerful than the 360. Since all the groundwork is already in place for the 360, the engine, etc., do you think EA will go the route they took with Madden in this generation and have both versions of the game almost identical, with only minor graphical improvements on the PS3? Or will they go the route that Visual Concepts did with 2k5 and optimize the engine with the more powerful system first, then have a conversion for the less powerful one. I always thought EA did a pretty weak job in taking full advantage of the X-Box's capabilities (Better graphics, Hard-drive). I hope they try to take full advantage of each system next generation, be it 360, PS3 or Revolution.

Of course, that probably won't happen.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

So called "system sellers" don't come out when the football season is more than half over.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

It might sell a lot of consoles, but there are other games that are supposed to come out at launch, like Oblivion and Perfect Dark. A more likely system seller is Halo 3 as that is Microsofts most popular game, however I don't think it will come out the same day as the PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »