Home

Madden is so much better as.....

This is a discussion on Madden is so much better as..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2005, 10:04 AM   #9
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Madden is so much better as.....

head-to-head or nothing. The AI, no matter what, is always going to be flawed until next-gen.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:34 PM   #10
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
head-to-head or nothing. The AI, no matter what, is always going to be flawed until next-gen.

no the AI is always going to be flawed until EA do something about it. who's to say the next-gen its going to be fixed..expecilly since theres no compo. All we can do is wait and see. because its one thing to have alot of power, but its another thing to be lazy.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:50 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
What makes you think the AI will be fixed for the next gen? If anything, EA is concentrating primarily on graphics for the Xbox 360, not gameplay. The graphical horsepower of the next-gen consoles is the big selling point, at least for the first round of games, not gameplay.

Just look at EA's first Xbox and PS2 games. They looked great and were very light on features and quality gameplay -- Madden 2001, FIFA 2001, etc.

Expect little to change with this next generation.

Take care,
PK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 03:22 PM   #12
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

I am using Playmakers first set of sliders for All Pro and did a fantasy draft (in hopes of leveling out the playing field). I am 3-1 so far and each and every game has been intense and great. Both teams have been in each game and could have won with a few breaks. Though I did have to up the RBA and RBBl for the Human for some holes to open up.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:44 PM   #13
Erv
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
What makes you think the AI will be fixed for the next gen? If anything, EA is concentrating primarily on graphics for the Xbox 360, not gameplay. The graphical horsepower of the next-gen consoles is the big selling point, at least for the first round of games, not gameplay.

Just look at EA's first Xbox and PS2 games. They looked great and were very light on features and quality gameplay -- Madden 2001, FIFA 2001, etc.

Expect little to change with this next generation.

Take care,
PK
well yeah the first couple of years, while interesting, mostly suck(Expect 989 on the PS1) as it's a transition period. But after that they AI should approach human-like complexity.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:47 PM   #14
Erv
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
no the AI is always going to be flawed until EA do something about it. who's to say the next-gen its going to be fixed..expecilly since theres no compo. All we can do is wait and see. because its one thing to have alot of power, but its another thing to be lazy.
I think NCAA 2004 has some of the best AI this gen. The problem is although it was tight and balanced, many exploits were discovered. The only way to get to these was shortcuts that don't necessarily look realistic.

Look at VIP from 2k5. NOTHING about it resembles playing a human. So by your logic VC was lazy too. the blocking, while looks worlds better than Madden, is just as bad execution wise. And don't get me started on the defense in that game.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:44 AM   #15
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
I can't co-sign the rest of your statement, but there is something to be said for head-to-head when it comes to Madden. It's almost like the gameplay was made with a "head-to-head first" mentality.
No "almost" about it. Madden has been that way for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2005, 11:49 AM   #16
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
I think NCAA 2004 has some of the best AI this gen. The problem is although it was tight and balanced, many exploits were discovered. The only way to get to these was shortcuts that don't necessarily look realistic.

Look at VIP from 2k5. NOTHING about it resembles playing a human. So by your logic VC was lazy too. the blocking, while looks worlds better than Madden, is just as bad execution wise. And don't get me started on the defense in that game.

yes in a way they was lazy too, because all though they had the graphics, and the presentation; some of the animations looked too stiff along with other things. But the thing with me is, ill give any football game the benefit of the doubt if they show that work was put into it, thats why i liked 2k5, because VC were not affraid the take risk and try new things,even if it means having a buggy game. Now madden on the other hand, hasnt shown that much work has been put into it. Yes its has new features and all that other stuff, the graphics look about the same since it first game to ps2 and x-box, same animations (with a "few" new ones thrown in). It just hasnt shown much progress over the years, but yet they continue to charge 50 bucks, and im not gonna lie, i keep giving them my money. Mainly because ive been playin madden since the sega/super nintendo days. But they need to start taking chances...Heck theres no one to compete with so they should be taking big chances. Next year madden is the make or break year for me, because they will be able to use ESPN, so if i dont see big changes then im just gonna have to end my long spand of madden, and just find another game for my football fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »