Home

Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

This is a discussion on Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2005, 05:17 PM   #73
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
No, but it can hinder your running game if your opponent sees the glitch and then audibles to put 8-9 in the box to stop the run.

Of course, you can always counter that and nail your opponent over the top if he does do this.
What hinder your running game two yards per carrier three??
Old 08-22-2005, 05:19 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I don't know about that, this particular cheat has been in the game for years but the wailing and hair-pulling over this only started a couple of weeks ago. That doesn't sound like a glaring problem to me.

Personally, I don't feel that this is anything like as serious as some people do, but let's just ignore that part of the equation for a second. What percentage of online Madden gamers do you think actually visit message boards like this one? My guess is that the number is unlikely to be more than 5-10%, tops. If you then consider that the vast majority of Madden players never go online, you will realize that the percentage of the total Madden-playing population that actually knows about this is probably around 1-2%. Imo the sensible thing to do is to try and keep it that way by not drawing attention to it.

Wouldnt the most sensible thing be that EA just fixes the dang game ? Since when is settling for a broken product the most sensible thing to do ? What part of the business world is this excepted in ? What would the the rest of the world be like if we used this logic for everything else ?

And what about the 5%-10% of the people that this game is ruined for ? Why is it more sensible to go through an audible hot route song and dance fake the glitcher, but not really just make him think your audibling ect... ect... routine when all EA has to do is make the HB always the white button no matter what. Whats really more sensible ???

And the reason why this problem even exists is because of people settling for this garbage. Why should EA fix anything ever ? When most of you will just swallow the kool aid and pretend nothing is wrong ? The customer is ALWAYS right in every facet of business . Somehow EA has turned the table. And I dont see that changing anytime soon until the customers demand something better.
Minnesota Wild
Old 08-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #75
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

The problem for me was not only with the glitch in online play, which I suppose could be countered with audibles, but mainly because it exposes the CPU play as well. I like to play seasons and run a franchise as well as play online. But when I know what the CPU is doing, well, that takes a bit of the fun out of it.

Some of you claim to be able to not look at the RB icons. I play on a pretty big TV, and I can't help but not notice them. My peripheral vision betrays me.

If some of you can have fun with the game in spite of the glitch, more power to you! My intention wasn't to ruin the game for anyone. But it was ruined for me, so, I traded it in. If the glitch is somehow fixed, I'll probably buy it again. But it is a gamekiller for me. If not for others, great! No one likes to throw $50 out the window.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2005, 05:30 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 7

Thats what made me most mad was offline play. The CPU doesnt know how to mask plays. And Im sorry , but its impossible for me NOT to notice what color icon is above the RB's head.
Minnesota Wild
Old 08-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #77
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
Wouldnt the most sensible thing be that EA just fixes the dang game ? Since when is settling for a broken product the most sensible thing to do ? What part of the business world is this excepted in ? What would the the rest of the world be like if we used this logic for everything else ?

And what about the 5%-10% of the people that this game is ruined for ? Why is it more sensible to go through an audible hot route song and dance fake the glitcher, but not really just make him think your audibling ect... ect... routine when all EA has to do is make the HB always the white button no matter what. Whats really more sensible ???

And the reason why this problem even exists is because of people settling for this garbage. Why should EA fix anything ever ? When most of you will just swallow the kool aid and pretend nothing is wrong ? The customer is ALWAYS right in every facet of business . Somehow EA has turned the table. And I dont see that changing anytime soon until the customers demand something better.
Calm down. I didn't say it shouldn't be fixed, but the simple fact of the matter is it's too late to do anything about it this year.

Your making more of this than you should. From a practical standpoint it's really not that big a deal. If your opponent starts stacking the line, just run a couple of quick audibles passes. One or two big gains should solve your problem.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:47 PM   #78
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
It seems if you filp the play to where there is a slot WR or a TE on the left side of the running back, the "glitch" or "program" does not occur. I tried it online. Funny though, because the guy I played obviously knew about this, as he jammed the line the first play I ran the ball. The second time, he jammed the line again, and I quick audibled to a quick pass and hit him for 12 yards. He never did it again. This is certainly not a game killer....I was very proud of myself, as I never once looked in his backfield at the icons.
Same thing happened to me. Very funny to audible and them never do it again.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:08 PM   #79
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
It seems if you filp the play to where there is a slot WR or a TE on the left side of the running back, the "glitch" or "program" does not occur. I tried it online. Funny though, because the guy I played obviously knew about this, as he jammed the line the first play I ran the ball. The second time, he jammed the line again, and I quick audibled to a quick pass and hit him for 12 yards. He never did it again. This is certainly not a game killer....I was very proud of myself, as I never once looked in his backfield at the icons.
Very nice. You caught him with his hand in the cookie jar...
Old 08-22-2005, 09:05 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
What hinder your running game two yards per carrier three??
I'm not sure I understand the question. From what I understand if someone knows you're running and put 8 in the box, you'll get stuff pretty easily for a loss or maybe get back to the LOS. Calling a formation audible is an easy way around this.

Offline it doesn't bother me. I don't look at the coach mode camera. I guess I have good enough self restraint!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »