Home

Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

This is a discussion on Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2005, 11:00 PM   #57
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

You know, I'm starting to think this cheat may have been existing for a long time. We just never knew it. Who knows. It's clearly workable around the situation. With quick audibles, play action pass, and one back sets....this is almost non existent. And I can easily train my eyes to not look in the cpu backfield. I think this is going to be ok.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:09 AM   #58
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

This glitch usually occurs in any formation where there isn't a tight end, FB, or slot to the left of the HB.

For example FAR is glitched, NEAR is not. Because the FB is to the left of the HB in NEAR.

Singleback Twin TE WR is glitched because the HB is the furthest thing on the left side besides the WRS. Bunch is glitched too because of this.

Most of the singleback sets are fine. However, I have found Bunch and Singleback Twin TE WR to both be glitched.

Strong I is glitched becasue the HB is again alone on the left side. I pro and all goaline sets where the HB and FB line up in a line are glitched as well.

Some shotgun sets besides when 3 targets are to the right of the HB are fine. Weak I is fine, Near is fine.

Flipping the play doesn't make up for this glitch. The quickest way to tell if a certain formation is glitched is to look at the plays and if the HB is ever listed as a white icon that means that formation is glitched.

The work around for this is with some singleback sets like bunch and ace twin TE WR you can audible using the formation shift from another formation and shift into the glitched formation. Now the HB icon won't give it away because it will keep the same setup from the non-glitched formation that you started in. At this point you can use the R Stick audibles and they won't reveal your play.

However, this formation shift fix doesn't work with any of the 2 Back sets. So it isn't a complete fix.

Also I tested out the R stick audibles and they don't work to hide I form, Strong I, etc. The color of the icon for the HB simply changes each time you audible based on what play you call.

Last edited by Deltron; 08-22-2005 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:17 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_diddy
I've tested the PS2 version and you have L1 and R1 icons on the PS2 that are always black. The names under the players are always white. I'd be interested to hear what exactly your friend saw.

LMFAO!!! It's not the color of the font. It's the assignment of the L1 and R1 buttons to which rb they are assigned to.

The reason why it's the colors black and white being mentioned so much when talking about the xbox version, because those are the buttons that would correspond to the L1 and R1 on the DS2.

:shakes head:
Old 08-22-2005, 12:20 AM   #60
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
You know, I'm starting to think this cheat may have been existing for a long time. We just never knew it. Who knows. It's clearly workable around the situation. With quick audibles, play action pass, and one back sets....this is almost non existent. And I can easily train my eyes to not look in the cpu backfield. I think this is going to be ok.
Actually play action passes are given away. The HBs icon is white -- the pass icon.

Quick audibles do not cover it up in 99% of the cases -- the icon color simply switches.

One back sets are for the most part fine except sets when all the targets are on the right side like bunch or Shotgun trips, and Also ace twin TE WR.

If you could just audible and not give away the play it wouldn't be a huge issue for online play but unfortunately that is not the case.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:55 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
Hey buddy! Haven't talked to you in a looooooooooong time. Should I expect to see you on XBL when NHL2K6 comes out?
Whatup Chi.
I don't know if I'll get the Xbox version or the 360 (is it even going to be on the 360?).
It's going to be an interesting year with all the player movement. The Blackhawks are looking better all ready.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2005, 08:54 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 21

I can't believe people are actually getting mad that this is being made known. Who wants to play a game where your opponent has an advantage by knowing of a game flaw you know nothing about ? Because you choose to remain ignorant does not make the problem go away. The people who know WILL use it against you.

Also having to audible every play aint a fix, its a annoyance. It also degrades your play calling because what are you gonna do once your opponent figures out all your audibles, and not too mention the time you may have to waste trying to change audibles on the fly.

The game has a built in cheat thats easy to use. Thats not a small thing. A bug is one thing. A cheat is another.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoom
LMFAO!!! It's not the color of the font. It's the assignment of the L1 and R1 buttons to which rb they are assigned to.

The reason why it's the colors black and white being mentioned so much when talking about the xbox version, because those are the buttons that would correspond to the L1 and R1 on the DS2.

:shakes head:
Sorry, dude! I don't know sh*t about the X-Box. If you had read the follow-up posts, then you would see that it was explained and I thanked the person who explained it to me.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:02 AM   #64
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

So what if you flip the play, to where the tight end or someone is always to the left of the HB? Is it fixed then?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »