Home

2 Big Gripes

This is a discussion on 2 Big Gripes within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
Grayscale
 
slickdtc's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: DE/PA
Posts: 15,685
Talking 2 Big Gripes

I've played the game enough now to establish some of the bigger flaws. Even with sliders adjustments, the CPU QB Completion % is horrible. Always in the low 50% range for me. We all know this is untrue, as some QB's can be up around 70% (Brian Greise of the Buccaneers was 69.5% or something).

The only is the way for the CPU to make up for those lost passing yards on deep throw completions. I believe this has to do with the safeties reading the CPU's vision cone and reacting too much to it, therefore putting them out of position for a long throw.

Both of these flaws (I have CPU QB Acc. to 20 on All-Pro) are nearly gamebreaking for me, as I want to get the most realistic stats possible (and 300 yards on 7 of 21 passing isn't too real...).

If anyone has any tips as to how to get higher CPU Completion %'s, I'm all ears.
__________________
NHL - Philadelphia Flyers
NFL - Buffalo Bills
MLB - Cincinnati Reds


Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
slickdtc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 09:15 PM   #2
Banned
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Re: 2 Big Gripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I've played the game enough now to establish some of the bigger flaws. Even with sliders adjustments, the CPU QB Completion % is horrible. Always in the low 50% range for me. We all know this is untrue, as some QB's can be up around 70% (Brian Greise of the Buccaneers was 69.5% or something).

The only is the way for the CPU to make up for those lost passing yards on deep throw completions. I believe this has to do with the safeties reading the CPU's vision cone and reacting too much to it, therefore putting them out of position for a long throw.

Both of these flaws (I have CPU QB Acc. to 20 on All-Pro) are nearly gamebreaking for me, as I want to get the most realistic stats possible (and 300 yards on 7 of 21 passing isn't too real...).

If anyone has any tips as to how to get higher CPU Completion %'s, I'm all ears.
I use Playmakers' low AWR sliders (Human AWR at 3) and it seems to help the CPU's short/mid-range passing game. I read that you had tried sliders before, but I would try those if you haven't already...worked for me
southpaww is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #3
Grayscale
 
slickdtc's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: DE/PA
Posts: 15,685
Re: 2 Big Gripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaww
I use Playmakers' low AWR sliders (Human AWR at 3) and it seems to help the CPU's short/mid-range passing game. I read that you had tried sliders before, but I would try those if you haven't already...worked for me
But won't that create more long bomb completions, as CB's/S's will bite on play actions even more then before, allowing for a WR to make an easy, uncovered catch?

I'm happy with the sliders I have no, minus the long bomb passes. Perhaps I should turn up WR Catching a bit more, and maybe lower my knockdowns too.

I think this is kind of like last year with ESPN NFL 2k5 where the QB's decision making is just bad. They will have their slot receiver open, but they focus too much on their hot receiver.
__________________
NHL - Philadelphia Flyers
NFL - Buffalo Bills
MLB - Cincinnati Reds


Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
slickdtc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:59 PM   #4
Banned
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Re: 2 Big Gripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
But won't that create more long bomb completions, as CB's/S's will bite on play actions even more then before, allowing for a WR to make an easy, uncovered catch?

I'm happy with the sliders I have no, minus the long bomb passes. Perhaps I should turn up WR Catching a bit more, and maybe lower my knockdowns too.

I think this is kind of like last year with ESPN NFL 2k5 where the QB's decision making is just bad. They will have their slot receiver open, but they focus too much on their hot receiver.
Yeah, the CPU does throw the deep ball, but not as much as you'd think. My defense does bite some on PA, but there is not a defense in the NFL that wouldn't bite on PA occasionally. I've actually also found that lowering the AWR seems to open up a lot of plays for the CPU Offense...

But I'm sure there is some happy medium between CPU WR Catch/Human AWR/Knockdowns that you'll find.
southpaww is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 03:46 AM   #5
Moderator
 
The Chef's Arena
 
OVR: 52
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 13,463
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2 Big Gripes

Im also using Playmakers low AWR sliders and I have the awareness at 5 for the human and the computer catching at 12 and everything else is exactly as he has it and Im getting great games from the computers passing attack. First game against Kerry Collins he went something like 12/19 and the next game Plummer went 7/11 and keep in mind that this was preseason which is why they didnt have more attempts. Granted Im playing as the Niners and our secondary is suspect at best but the outcomes Im getting are really good to this point, I would definently try out his low AWR sliders. Almost forgot, the sliders that Im using are his Level 1 enhanced version.
The Chef is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2005, 04:08 AM   #6
MVP
 
RaiderKtulu's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ohio
Re: 2 Big Gripes

How many minute quarters are you playing? Maybe it's just me, but part of the CPU playcalling seems to be related to the quarter length. I started out playing 7 minute quarters and the computer seemed to throw deep a lot.. switched to 13 minute accelerated and while there are still a few deep ones, there dont seem to be nearly as many. I think with shorter quarters the AI goes into desperation mode sooner and does some unrealistic things, such as all the deep passes.
RaiderKtulu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 09:51 AM   #7
Moderator
 
The Chef's Arena
 
OVR: 52
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 13,463
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2 Big Gripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
How many minute quarters are you playing? Maybe it's just me, but part of the CPU playcalling seems to be related to the quarter length. I started out playing 7 minute quarters and the computer seemed to throw deep a lot.. switched to 13 minute accelerated and while there are still a few deep ones, there dont seem to be nearly as many. I think with shorter quarters the AI goes into desperation mode sooner and does some unrealistic things, such as all the deep passes.
I too have noticed this in past versions of Madden. I play 12 minute quarters and dont get too many deep balls to say its unrealistic but they do happen so there is a nice medium. After playing my first regular season game Im seeing the same thing that plagued the NCAA series for me this year, and thats the inability of the CPU QB's to actually make good reads and not stand in the pocket forever only to force a ball into zone coverage and get picked off. If I can ever get this fixed then the game will be perfect for me but unless my last game wasnt the norm I can see this going on for the entire season. Whats weird is I didnt have this problem in the preseason, but suddenly Im seeing it in the regular season.
The Chef is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #8
Grayscale
 
slickdtc's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: DE/PA
Posts: 15,685
Re: 2 Big Gripes

I play on 12 minutes, with an accelerated clock. I think I'm going to have to try out Playmaker's sliders, they sound pretty good. Or perhaps I'll just change my awareness.

But doesn't lowering the awareness also free up the CPU run game? They could use a little boost with the sliders I'm currently using though, so I guess it should work out.

Thanks for the help. I'll give ya the results once I play.
__________________
NHL - Philadelphia Flyers
NFL - Buffalo Bills
MLB - Cincinnati Reds


Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
slickdtc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Top -