Home

its a damn shame.....

This is a discussion on its a damn shame..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2005, 12:31 AM   #9
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: its a damn shame.....

Audibles don't work.

Sorry guys, but please test it out yourself if you don't take my word for it. I have tested it out and know.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:20 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuch94
Ea never fixes their game adn you know it, were waitin for the 360, better not f*** it up EA
You need to calm down and watch the language, first and foremost.

Second of all, think back to two Madden's ago. Remember? The one that had the problem with importing players from NCAA? Yeah, that feature was broken when the game came out.

What'd they do?

They initiated a disc replacement program, where all you had to do was mail them a certain page from your Madden game manual, and they sent you a brand new disc with the problem FIXED!

And last year....the fatigue glitch online. What'd they do? They FIXED it! Sure, that meant that there was no fatigue in online games, but the problem itself was fixed none the less.

Don't make blanket statements when you have no idea what you're talking about, okay pal?
Old 08-22-2005, 07:34 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
No chance in hell. There is absolutely NO WAY any ONE PERSON could find EVERY glitch/flaw/GAMEBREAKER in any video game.

The best way to put it is this: EA staff's somewhere around 20-25 Quality Assurance people per video game. I don't care how much time those 20-25 people spend playing the game, they will NEVER be able to find the number of glitches that the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of us will find within a week after the game is released. It's purely a numbers thing, folks.

With that said, I would hardly consider this bug/glitch/whatever the hell you wanna call it a GAMEBREAKER.

As someone posted earlier, the way around it is audibles.

That, plus think of it like this. If you were standing in a batters box and I was pitching to you, and I was TELLING you what pitch was coming, you still gotta be able to hit it. Just because I tell you a slider is coming doesn't mean you're going to be able to make contact.

The same can be said with this game. Just because you know a run or a pass is coming, it doesn't mean you're automatically going to be able to stop it. Hell, most of the time you can tell whether a run or pass is coming simply by looking at the down and distance ANYWAY!

Relax, folks! Stop being a bunch of damn Chicken Littles. The sky is not falling! This game is still better than last year's, and I'm sure EA is already hard at work on a fix anyway.
like i said i fully expect ea to solve this problem like they have time and again.

however, if you don't think its a gamekiller you need to think a little longer.

audibles? not a solution. more of a "doing the best with what you have" type of thing. now thats commendable but for someone like me, knowing if my opponent is going to run or pass the second he gets behind center is going to bore the hell out of me.

i'll wait till they fix the GAMEBREAKER. in the meantime its back to college ball.

its a damn shame...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2005, 08:15 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
No chance in hell. There is absolutely NO WAY any ONE PERSON could find EVERY glitch/flaw/GAMEBREAKER in any video game.
As I said before, this was in the game last year.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:53 AM   #13
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
As I said before, this was in the game last year.
It's also in NCAA 06, but not to the extent that it is in Madden. Less formations are affected by it in that game.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:05 AM   #14
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

I just realized that there's a feature that people don't really use in this game that can really abuse the glitch. It's really a shame.

I'd suggest just to play straight people. since the glitch has been revealed, I don't even the look at the defense coach cam.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-22-2005, 10:12 AM   #15
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
You need to calm down and watch the language, first and foremost.

Second of all, think back to two Madden's ago. Remember? The one that had the problem with importing players from NCAA? Yeah, that feature was broken when the game came out.

What'd they do?

They initiated a disc replacement program, where all you had to do was mail them a certain page from your Madden game manual, and they sent you a brand new disc with the problem FIXED!

And last year....the fatigue glitch online. What'd they do? They FIXED it! Sure, that meant that there was no fatigue in online games, but the problem itself was fixed none the less.

Don't make blanket statements when you have no idea what you're talking about, okay pal?
Have you noticed a pattern here..there is always something wrong with these ea football games....Every year we get hyped up and there is always!! a gamebreaker in madden or ncaa.....EA knowing they are exclusive should have either a. thoroughly testd the product before they released it or b. released it a later date so that the maJORITY NOT ALL BUT THE MAJORITY OF THESE GAMEKILLING BUGS ARE GONE...and as long as we keep making excuses up for ea and wait for the ultimate football game ea will continue to produce games that are full of bugs and glitches.....I have a glitch that no one has talked about have you or anyone noticed when playing against the ai that on 2nd or 3rd and inches it will always be a playaction pass..or a intermediate pass..this is on all-madden level with quality teams....iI am a realist and fortunately I know that there will nevr be a perfect football game..but I guess the public just wants a product that is thoroughly tested an at least an advancement over the previous years product....I was looking at a show about the history of madden on fri and I noticed that the graphics in 2002, 2003,2004 were superior to the graphics in 2006...How does that happen...Shouldn't there be a progression...360 will look better but unless the core gameplay and engine is changed we will be stuck with this I have no choice honestly......Finally by chance can you honestly tell me that you see progressive fatigue, an adaptive ai, and more pass interference penalties in the game....all features that Madden producers said were in the game...I have yet to see a change....When you put out false statements like EA does it gets the consumer's hyped and we look foward to the game..but AFTER you purchase the game at a 50 clip you notice that this game is the exact same as 2005 with the exception of the vision cone..same suction blocking same dumb ai, same no calls, oh and a even worse punt return game.....just my 3 cents......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2005, 10:45 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

^ and yet you continue to buy every year even though you always have problems with it?

Sounds like your fault.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »