Home

Anyone else getting torched by the AI in 4th quarters?

This is a discussion on Anyone else getting torched by the AI in 4th quarters? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-28-2005, 12:23 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Anyone else getting torched by the AI in 4th quarters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Its not just user error or aggressive playcalling. You cant control when a player fumbles nor can you control how the cpu catches balls in triple coverage nor can you control the ref throwing flags on a long run nor can you control the cpu RBs broken tackles.

And what ppl tend to forget is that the user is also awarded the same kind of luck at times. Its not just the cpu catching up, it can also be the user getting easy plays or huge holes on kick off returns, better blocking and random turnovers in your favor.
It's the NFL. Not every game is going to be a blowout. I have blown out some teams on all pro before but granted that's when Seattle had David Greene in the game. I don't complain about it because I believe that anything can happen in an NFL game. Madden plays a fair game of football. This game doesn't cheat as much as 2005 did.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:29 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15

How about when the Colts came back on the Buccaneers a few years ago when they were down 35-14 and everybody thought that the game was over? Is that unrealistic?Tampa Bay has a great defense but that doesn't mean that the Colts offense can't move the ball. I don't get you guys.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you face a great team and you get a big lead and quit shoudn't you suffer the consequences?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:43 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiok25
How about when the Colts came back on the Buccaneers a few years ago when they were down 35-14 and everybody thought that the game was over? Is that unrealistic?Tampa Bay has a great defense but that doesn't mean that the Colts offense can't move the ball. I don't get you guys.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you face a great team and you get a big lead and quit shoudn't you suffer the consequences?
That's one game. This happens in a majority of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #36
Rookie

rockit's Arena

OVR: 3

I understand teams can make comebacks. Heck, anything is possible in any given Sunday nowadays NFL. I really do understand that. What I'm having troubles with is a really ****ty offensive team like da bears or ravens, kyle boller throwing 4 TD's on my defense under 3mins remainder of the 4th quarter. I guess I just suck at defense maybe? lol

BTW - I'm playing on All-Pro
Old 08-28-2005, 10:16 AM   #37
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiok25
How about when the Colts came back on the Buccaneers a few years ago when they were down 35-14 and everybody thought that the game was over? Is that unrealistic?
This is my favorite argument. Yes, if you go back a quarter century in NFL history, you can come up with a handful of cases were teams came back from a 21+ point defecit. The question is, how often does it happen? It seems to happen in Madden much more frequently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »