Home

I'm a horrible runner...

This is a discussion on I'm a horrible runner... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: I'm a horrible runner...

The most effective move to break the tackles with all running backs would be the cover ball button. If you have more of a power running back the truck stick is more effective though.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:23 PM   #10

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Do not hit the spint button until you are hitting the hole, because you need to allow time for holes to open up. thats how i seem to break the big ones.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:43 PM   #11
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I found out pressing the Y button (triangle for our PS2'ers) breaks a lot of tackles. It's supposed to be the "protect the ball" button, but it works to break off some arm tackles and the like. Works well.

And on tosses and sweeps, you have to wait for your blockers to take out their targets. Then you can either cut it inside or bounce outside. It's all about patience. You won't always get good blocks (and it's frustrating!), but when you do and you break a 7 yard run, it feels quite rewarding.

And there's always sliders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2005, 06:26 PM   #12
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I found out pressing the Y button (triangle for our PS2'ers) breaks a lot of tackles. It's supposed to be the "protect the ball" button, but it works to break off some arm tackles and the like. Works well.

And on tosses and sweeps, you have to wait for your blockers to take out their targets. Then you can either cut it inside or bounce outside. It's all about patience. You won't always get good blocks (and it's frustrating!), but when you do and you break a 7 yard run, it feels quite rewarding.

And there's always sliders!
just broke a 35 yard TD w/ ronnie brown. I hit the Y button, and he spun off 2 guys and made them look like crap. I notice the Y button combined w/ the left thumbstick does more then just protect the ball.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:36 PM   #13
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
just broke a 35 yard TD w/ ronnie brown. I hit the Y button, and he spun off 2 guys and made them look like crap. I notice the Y button combined w/ the left thumbstick does more then just protect the ball.
Yeah, I too have found that the "Y" and the L-Stick can be a very good combo...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »