Home

weekly gameplan question

This is a discussion on weekly gameplan question within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-23-2005, 01:43 AM   #1
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
weekly gameplan question

Ok.. I know the whole weekly gameplan thing is supposed to up your awareness against certain plays your opponent is likely to run.. but.. does anyone know what score we need to be aiming for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2005, 02:45 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Re: weekly gameplan question

I think its 5. However there really isnt a scale to it.

Either you're not "prepared" (0 points, or not doing the drills at all)

or your "prepared" 1-5, I'm pretty sure the highest you can get is 5, im not sure however. Anyways basically the higher the number, the more prepared you are.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:54 AM   #3

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
I think its 5. However there really isnt a scale to it.

Either you're not "prepared" (0 points, or not doing the drills at all)

or your "prepared" 1-5, I'm pretty sure the highest you can get is 5, im not sure however. Anyways basically the higher the number, the more prepared you are.
You can get much higher then 5, I got 14 on one of the passing plays they assigned to me for my weekly prep. The score is basically the average amount of yards gained over the first 5 plays you run of that play while in weekly prep. If you get a low score you can continue to go and if you raise your score it will record the higher score but be careful because it works the same if you keep going and your score drops, it will record that score as well. So far the feature seems kinda useless, it seems every week they want me to practice running the HB Screen play, and to top it off you cant assign hot routes to any receivers while doing the prep thing either.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:22 AM   #4
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
You can get much higher then 5, I got 14 on one of the passing plays they assigned to me for my weekly prep. The score is basically the average amount of yards gained over the first 5 plays you run of that play while in weekly prep. If you get a low score you can continue to go and if you raise your score it will record the higher score but be careful because it works the same if you keep going and your score drops, it will record that score as well. So far the feature seems kinda useless, it seems every week they want me to practice running the HB Screen play, and to top it off you cant assign hot routes to any receivers while doing the prep thing either.
Yes, I've noticed that I've been assigned the screen play quite alot as well. Sometimes it'll be two of the three plays.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:53 AM   #5

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
Yes, I've noticed that I've been assigned the screen play quite alot as well. Sometimes it'll be two of the three plays.
Yeah, had that happen for the first time last night when doing my prep for the Tampa Bay game, and 2 of 3 of the plays were the HB screen. I think Im going to abandon doing this at all and just playing my games, I dont need my players to start playing better just because I practiced a specific play for 5 reps and had success with it, and it doesnt seem to have a negative effect on my ability to play the games themselves so I will probably just avoid this entire thing altogether.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #6
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

I usually get either zero if the play sucks, or way over 10 if Im good at it. Nothing in between. Highest I got was a 23 on some passing play where Steve Smith was open downfield each time
Old 08-23-2005, 12:58 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

My own impression about the weekly prep thing is that they wanted to go somewhere with it and ran out of time and just left it into the game as it was, unfinished. They were promoting it somewhat in the early stages of their marketing back around the time of E3 but even then we didn't see much about it. Now the game is out, the weekly prep is in the game but there is no indication of what it affects and how much it affects it. There is no mention of it in the manual. I haven't seen it in any of the tutorial videos and I think I watched them all. I just seached the web for details on it and the only things I've found are brief mentions of the feature in reviews.

You'd think there would at least be some sort of indication somewhere as to what the scores you get translate into but it seems it's nowhere to be found.

Has anyone noticed the effects of weekly prep when playing out your next game? I sure haven't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »