Home

NO SALARY CAP OPTION!!!

This is a discussion on NO SALARY CAP OPTION!!! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-26-2005, 10:12 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NO SALARY CAP OPTION!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
to ^

Control all 32 teams for one season only. That way you'll take care of all the moves and such, and wont have to worry about the CPU doing the signing.

That's the problem. I only want to control my team, controling 32 teams takes a lot of time! Why did they have to take away my season mode?

Like I said, franchise is taking over.

Why can't they just have both-- Season mode and Franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2005, 01:36 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
That's the problem. I only want to control my team, controling 32 teams takes a lot of time! Why did they have to take away my season mode?

Like I said, franchise is taking over.

Why can't they just have both-- Season mode and Franchise mode?
I think what he's trying to say is that you don't have to actively control all 32 teams. Although you can select every team for user control from the beginning, you also have options for the CPU to take care of the depth chart, filling rosters, and so on. You get there by (Starting from the main Franchise screen) My Franchise, Coaching Strategy, Coach Options,and Management. On this screen you'll see a list of CPU assistance options.

If you want the rosters to stay relatively close to what they started as, I would turn Fill Rosters to CPU, to keep the game from interrupting due to injuries. You might also turn re-order depth charts to CPU to allow better progressing players to start, and Owner Mode to CPU if you don't want to play in half-full stadiums all season. Do this for all coaches of teams you don't want to control, and you probably won't have to mess with those teams again (until off-season, which is irrelevant if you only play a single season)

I can't guarantee this will work, as it's all theory since I haven't tried it. But I'm sure someone else has, and can tell you if it works or not.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:01 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I think what he's trying to say is that you don't have to actively control all 32 teams. Although you can select every team for user control from the beginning, you also have options for the CPU to take care of the depth chart, filling rosters, and so on. You get there by (Starting from the main Franchise screen) My Franchise, Coaching Strategy, Coach Options,and Management. On this screen you'll see a list of CPU assistance options.

If you want the rosters to stay relatively close to what they started as, I would turn Fill Rosters to CPU, to keep the game from interrupting due to injuries. You might also turn re-order depth charts to CPU to allow better progressing players to start, and Owner Mode to CPU if you don't want to play in half-full stadiums all season. Do this for all coaches of teams you don't want to control, and you probably won't have to mess with those teams again (until off-season, which is irrelevant if you only play a single season)

I can't guarantee this will work, as it's all theory since I haven't tried it. But I'm sure someone else has, and can tell you if it works or not.
Yeah, but I just wanna edit the rosters (just put players on their current teams) and play the season. I don't have AR, or access to the internet with my XBOX.

If they just had a season mode (esp. a customizable one, but that's another story) and if I could just edit a team roster, then I'd be happy.

No contract stuff
No retirement
No nothin'.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:55 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Deleted due to double post....

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 08-26-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 12

Can't you just play the 1st season in franchise. Then start a new franchise with a different team and just play the 1st season. Isn't that the same as season mode ?

I was a little late with yes sorry.

Last edited by TDKing; 08-27-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:06 PM   #30
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Can't you just play the 1st season in franchise. Then start a new franchise with a different team and just play the 1st season. Isn't that the same as season mode ?
one would think so
Old 08-29-2005, 01:29 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Can't you just play the 1st season in franchise.

Of course I've done that already.

But after that, I usually put the game up for a while and maybe play exhibition games every now and then. But I wish I could play another season for the "subsequent" seasons without having to deal with franchise stuff. Just have a season mode where you either play the current season, or a randomly generated season based on upcoming seasons (ie. NFC East plays AFC West and NFC North, etc...)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »