Home

Should I buy this game?

This is a discussion on Should I buy this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2005, 03:45 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Should I buy this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Renting to me is such a pain with having to remember to bring the thing back and all.
That's hilarious. It really is mentally taxing to remember to return a game down the street ... My brain aches.

Take care,
PK
Old 08-23-2005, 03:48 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastarr
you seem like the FPS type, wait for battlefield 2
If Battlefield 2 is a good port over from the PC version you will bust a nut on yourself. I have it for PC and the only reason why I dont play it for 6 hours straight a night right now is cuz of NCAA and Madden. But BF2 is nothing short of amazing.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
I have a $42.00 credit at EB plus the $5 that came with the preorder. I'm not a Madden *****, nor am I a huge fanboy of the game. Just a casual gamer who likes to mess around with sliders and stuff. I doubt I'll notice things like LB #1 is not playing the proper zone while LB #2 is dropping into man coverage when I called a zone. I also won't notice who's uniform is incorrect or that Ray Lewis's armband is higher in real life. Is the game that broken, or can fun be had for the casual NFL fan. I've read almost every review on this board and it seems evenly split. Is it worth it to buy, or should I just save my $3 + credit and buy something else at a later date?
This game is worth buying. I haven't liked Madden since Madden 2002, but this one is better than all of them.If you get the game try the "Pro" sliders on the "Madden Slider" page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2005, 04:07 PM   #12
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
That's hilarious. It really is mentally taxing to remember to return a game down the street ... My brain aches.

Take care,
PK
Sarcasm?

Old 08-23-2005, 04:16 PM   #13
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
This game is worth buying. I haven't liked Madden since Madden 2002, but this one is better than all of them.If you get the game try the "Pro" sliders on the "Madden Slider" page.
I agree with JayBee. In previous years I have not liked Madden. Last year was the first time in many years that I started to like madden but still preferred ESPN. I really do like Madden this year and feel it plays a very good game of football.

I'm with you (original poster) that wristbands, color of shoes, and jersey shades are not bothersome. The only real gameplay issues I have revolve around the special teams play. That's one thing everyone can agree on. Returning Punts is just not fun. If you are a Chiefs fan, prepare to have your heart broken because you might as well have Warren Sapp returning your punts as Dante Hall. You'll be fair catching 80% of punts anyway.

Other than that, if you don't have a game in mind that you really want to spend that money on, get Madden. How else will you will satisfy that football craving?

I know some people have updated rosters for last year's ESPN game and seem to be having fun. I may try that eventually but Madden is what's new and its hard to pass up.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:51 PM   #14
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Should you buy the game? In a word, no.

And that's the first time in 15 years that I've said that about Madden.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:42 PM   #15
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

PROBABLY!!!!11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2005, 07:45 PM   #16
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Without a doubt it is a great game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »