Home

Should I buy this game?

This is a discussion on Should I buy this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2005, 01:00 AM   #25
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Should I buy this game?

Wait for Blitz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 06:05 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 14

The only thing I love about Madden is the Franchise Mode of the game. But then I am a management major so I could be biased.

Oh, and about that long bomb glitch, I found a way around it. I used SEA as my team and resign Koren Robinson on my team. While they clamp there best SS and FS on Darrel Jackson, they left Koren with an average player (against Cardinals). Since when it comes to long bombs, Koren has a better speed than his guard, he always outrun him so that would give me space for a long bomb and complete it about 80% of the time. The only thing I could recommend is find a WR that has a good catching ability and speed and you should be fine.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:29 AM   #27
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbubs
Using a serious response this time, get the game if you don't play online.

Don't get it if you do play online. Real simple....too many cheesers out there.
The "Giveaway Glitch" also is present in offline games, FYI. It's an across-the-board game-wrecker for me, especially since I love to use the Coach Cam offline. Always have, always will.

I sold Madden 06 for $35 on eBay this morning, less than eight hours after I listed it. Paid $40 for it new, so the final cost to me was about the same as a rental.

Bummer. Madden was good until the glitch reared its ugly head. It's inexcusable, like a baseball game tipping off the type of pitch BEFORE it's thrown. People would go nuts over that, so why are people excusing this glitch?

Before the alibis come flying, this glitch is real. Very real.

Take care,
PK

Last edited by pk500; 08-24-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:25 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
ObiWanJenkins

I have a $42.00 credit at EB plus the $5 that came with the preorder. I'm not a Madden *****, nor am I a huge fanboy of the game. Just a casual gamer who likes to mess around with sliders and stuff. I doubt I'll notice things like LB #1 is not playing the proper zone while LB #2 is dropping into man coverage when I called a zone. I also won't notice who's uniform is incorrect or that Ray Lewis's armband is higher in real life. Is the game that broken, or can fun be had for the casual NFL fan. I've read almost every review on this board and it seems evenly split. Is it worth it to buy, or should I just save my $3 + credit and buy something else at a later date?
there is fun to be had with madden 06, as there is fun to be had in 05,and 04...this game is not worth it's $50 price tag, if it were $20 then i'd say yeah buy it, but at $50 there is no way i could reccomend the purchase of madden 06.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:28 AM   #29
Banned

stellastarr's Arena

OVR: 2

I told you to put your money on Battlefield 2!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastarr
I told you to put your money on Battlefield 2!!!
No, rent then wait for the next gen and hope for the best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »