Home

Problems with Madden disc?

This is a discussion on Problems with Madden disc? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2005, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Problems with Madden disc?

I highly doubt it's my Xbox but whenever I pass during a game and I keep it paused for a couple mins and go to resume play I get the dirty disc error, but I can stay on the main menu screen forever and or anywhere else and it won't give me the dirty disc error. I've had this also happen when at the end of the game I wanted to copy the stats and stayed on the stats screen for awhile but then went to exit then player of the game and got a dirty disc error, it doesn't happen during game play only when I pause the game for a couple mins. Problems with the Madden disc or XBox? Seems like disc to me because I've had no other problems with any other games and it only happens on the times I've said, just want to see what others think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 01:55 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Problems with Madden disc?

I have been having the exact same problem. I just had it also a few minutes ago. I paused the game for maybe about 3-4 mins.. and I went to save the game just to be on the safe said because I have been getting the DDE but, I click the quit/save and there it goes. DDE.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:14 AM   #3
Rookie

fsufan's Arena

OVR: 4

i havent got the dde with madden but i have gotten it with ncaa but im pretty much positive its my xbox cause i have had it since the first day it came out. it sux though cause madden and ncaa are the only games im playing right now and i have problems with one.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:45 AM   #4
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan
i havent got the dde with madden but i have gotten it with ncaa but im pretty much positive its my xbox cause i have had it since the first day it came out. it sux though cause madden and ncaa are the only games im playing right now and i have problems with one.

Yeah, if you have an old Xbox(Thompson drive), you will have some freezes and DDE's on the newer games. Luckly I have not had a skip, freeze, etc.. on this new Madden yet. I have the Thompson drive and usually have problems with the EA games, but not this year so far. If you don't know your drive type, go HERE
Old 08-24-2005, 11:55 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

I too have had this problem however it happened to me EVERY time I paused the game in this years NCAA, I no longer own the game due to that. It has not happened nearly as much on Madden but it has happened both during and after game. Another reason why I will buy the 360 if this is really a system problem and not a disc problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 01:44 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 21

I have no problem play any other games and sometimes no problem playing Madden. Just the past few days when I pause the game for a little while and come back..I can play like 2 plays and then the game goes to a DDE.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can get a new thompson drive for like $50. It's totally worth it if you play a lot and play for long extended amounts of time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »