Home

Swarmed by DBs, help....

This is a discussion on Swarmed by DBs, help.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2005, 05:43 PM   #1
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35
Swarmed by DBs, help....

Ex-2K5er playing Madden this year, no gripes against Madden or EA Sports. Now that that's out of the way....the single most unrealistic facet of this game is the way the DBs break on the ball and converge around the receiver, even deep downfield. I use the cone, I read defenses, I even try to look off coverage, but way too frequently when I throw the ball anywhere over 10 yards the receiver is swamped by at least 3 DBs. Even if they're single-covered off the line. The only patterns where I don't see this are out and corner patterns, but anything towards the middle of the field and any defender within 15 yards suddenly breaks on the ball like a fiend.

Has anyone else noticed this and/or found a solution for it? Two things I've found that help are throwing every pass about 200 mph, or otherwise only throwing to receivers who are split off by themselves on one side of the formation. But it's not reasonable to not be able to loft the ball or work the middle of the field without half the defense breaking on the ball before it arrives. Any help?

I'm using playmakers sliders, FYI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 06:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Swarmed by DBs, help....

Lower the awareness rating for the CPU. That is how I solve mine. After lowering the CPU awareness rating, I could see guys being able to separate themselves from thier guards because they guess wrong on the route patterns or something.

If you leave the CPU rating on default and you are playing all-madden difficulty, might as well tuck the ball and run like Vick towards the outside otherwise you will fumble the ball most of the times if you get hit or something.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Lower the awareness rating for the CPU. That is how I solve mine. After lowering the CPU awareness rating, I could see guys being able to separate themselves from thier guards because they guess wrong on the route patterns or something.

If you leave the CPU rating on default and you are playing all-madden difficulty, might as well tuck the ball and run like Vick towards the outside otherwise you will fumble the ball most of the times if you get hit or something.

She is correct atleast on All-Madden Level that is the direction I went by lowering the CPU's AWR down to 5 and 6 and then build other Sliders around their AWR that helps them to perform just as equal as if they were a 10 AWR.

The biggest difference is you get to see more guy's open and the CPU doesn't magically have like 2-4 DB's in the area that the ball is going all the time.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
She is correct atleast on All-Madden Level that is the direction I went by lowering the CPU's AWR down to 5 and 6 and then build other Sliders around their AWR that helps them to perform just as equal as if they were a 10 AWR.

The biggest difference is you get to see more guy's open and the CPU doesn't magically have like 2-4 DB's in the area that the ball is going all the time.

PM, what would u suggest tha cpu awr to be on AP if you want to get tha same kind of seperation that u guys are talkin about in this thread?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:11 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Another suggestion is try to have your Cone locked on an opposite WR, then switch over to the WR you want to throw to and toss it. Sometimes this holds a Safety or makes them lean the other way and give you extra space to throw it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Or lock the cone on an opposite and Pump fake, then the safety breaks toward that guy, then switch and throw, assuming you have the time and don't pump fake into a sack like I do.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:46 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADED
PM, what would u suggest tha cpu awr to be on AP if you want to get tha same kind of seperation that u guys are talkin about in this thread?
If you are happy with the rest of your sliders, you are probably better adjusting the awareness by yourself, according to your taste. I did one season adjusting my sliders before starting again with a fixed slider I am happy about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »