Home

Swarmed by DBs, help....

This is a discussion on Swarmed by DBs, help.... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #1
Living in this tube
 
Skerik's Arena
 
OVR: 35
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 5,215
Swarmed by DBs, help....

Ex-2K5er playing Madden this year, no gripes against Madden or EA Sports. Now that that's out of the way....the single most unrealistic facet of this game is the way the DBs break on the ball and converge around the receiver, even deep downfield. I use the cone, I read defenses, I even try to look off coverage, but way too frequently when I throw the ball anywhere over 10 yards the receiver is swamped by at least 3 DBs. Even if they're single-covered off the line. The only patterns where I don't see this are out and corner patterns, but anything towards the middle of the field and any defender within 15 yards suddenly breaks on the ball like a fiend.

Has anyone else noticed this and/or found a solution for it? Two things I've found that help are throwing every pass about 200 mph, or otherwise only throwing to receivers who are split off by themselves on one side of the formation. But it's not reasonable to not be able to loft the ball or work the middle of the field without half the defense breaking on the ball before it arrives. Any help?

I'm using playmakers sliders, FYI.
__________________
Helen: Everyone's special, Dash.
Dash: [muttering] Which is another way of saying no one is.
Skerik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
MVP
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: May 2003
Re: Swarmed by DBs, help....

Lower the awareness rating for the CPU. That is how I solve mine. After lowering the CPU awareness rating, I could see guys being able to separate themselves from thier guards because they guess wrong on the route patterns or something.

If you leave the CPU rating on default and you are playing all-madden difficulty, might as well tuck the ball and run like Vick towards the outside otherwise you will fumble the ball most of the times if you get hit or something.
Sarah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 07:44 PM   #3
Banned
 
Playmakers's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 12,862
Re: Swarmed by DBs, help....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Lower the awareness rating for the CPU. That is how I solve mine. After lowering the CPU awareness rating, I could see guys being able to separate themselves from thier guards because they guess wrong on the route patterns or something.

If you leave the CPU rating on default and you are playing all-madden difficulty, might as well tuck the ball and run like Vick towards the outside otherwise you will fumble the ball most of the times if you get hit or something.

She is correct atleast on All-Madden Level that is the direction I went by lowering the CPU's AWR down to 5 and 6 and then build other Sliders around their AWR that helps them to perform just as equal as if they were a 10 AWR.

The biggest difference is you get to see more guy's open and the CPU doesn't magically have like 2-4 DB's in the area that the ball is going all the time.
Playmakers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:46 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jul 2003
Re: Swarmed by DBs, help....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
She is correct atleast on All-Madden Level that is the direction I went by lowering the CPU's AWR down to 5 and 6 and then build other Sliders around their AWR that helps them to perform just as equal as if they were a 10 AWR.

The biggest difference is you get to see more guy's open and the CPU doesn't magically have like 2-4 DB's in the area that the ball is going all the time.

PM, what would u suggest tha cpu awr to be on AP if you want to get tha same kind of seperation that u guys are talkin about in this thread?
FADED is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:11 AM   #5
Pro
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Swarmed by DBs, help....

Another suggestion is try to have your Cone locked on an opposite WR, then switch over to the WR you want to throw to and toss it. Sometimes this holds a Safety or makes them lean the other way and give you extra space to throw it.
EvilSonGoku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2005, 01:16 PM   #6
Pro
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Mar 2004
Re: Swarmed by DBs, help....

Or lock the cone on an opposite and Pump fake, then the safety breaks toward that guy, then switch and throw, assuming you have the time and don't pump fake into a sack like I do.
RedsFan75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: May 2003
Re: Swarmed by DBs, help....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADED
PM, what would u suggest tha cpu awr to be on AP if you want to get tha same kind of seperation that u guys are talkin about in this thread?
If you are happy with the rest of your sliders, you are probably better adjusting the awareness by yourself, according to your taste. I did one season adjusting my sliders before starting again with a fixed slider I am happy about.
Sarah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.

Top -