Home

New move/animation?

This is a discussion on New move/animation? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-24-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
New move/animation?

I think I've seen a new move/animation yesterday playing with the redskins. I was running w/ Clinton Portis to the outside to the right side of the field. I was holding down A (Sprint), and UP/RIGHT on the left analog and i hit L (left juke) i think I pulled it down halfway and he did a fast spin in the direction he was running. Not the usual slow drawn out spin u get when u push B, but it was a fast, smooth spin and he kept on running. I will do more testing when I get home tonight to see if it is indeed a new move. Has anyone else seen this before?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 07:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: New move/animation?

Yeah, I've seen this too. I didn't think anything of it because I thought it was a just missed tackle animation, but now that you mention it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonb_43
I think I've seen a new move/animation yesterday playing with the redskins. I was running w/ Clinton Portis to the outside to the right side of the field. I was holding down A (Sprint), and UP/RIGHT on the left analog and i hit L (left juke) i think I pulled it down halfway and he did a fast spin in the direction he was running. Not the usual slow drawn out spin u get when u push B, but it was a fast, smooth spin and he kept on running. I will do more testing when I get home tonight to see if it is indeed a new move. Has anyone else seen this before?
Old 08-25-2005, 06:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I knew I wasn't crazy, when I get home tonight gonna test this out on the practice field. What buttons did u press? U on xbox or ps2, I'm on xbox btw.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

I think EA this year has setup new animations this year when you press any of the special evade buttons. It all depends on timing and pressing a button at the right moment.

For instance, your running the ball, then press the juke button, but instead of doing the juke, he does a spin away from the defender. But you didnt press the spin button.

Theres also other animations such as the superman dive, where your offensive player ducks underneath a would-be tackler and the tackler goes flying over him.

You can achieve these by simply pressing any evade buttons right when your about to get tackled.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:34 PM   #5
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

I find that jaming on the "y" button is very efective in getting missed tackle animations. And you dont fumble like with the truck stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2005, 02:57 PM   #6
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

how do you do this move on the ps2?
Old 08-26-2005, 12:06 AM   #7
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I find that jaming on the "y" button is very efective in getting missed tackle animations. And you dont fumble like with the truck stick.

yep..that does it for me.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:16 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I see a bunch of different animations when I turn down the tackling slider (see PM's low awareness sliders), including the one you just mentioned. I really don't think there's any sort of trick to doing them, but you never know. (because nobody tells us..... )

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »