Home

lets talk Madden 360 folks!

This is a discussion on lets talk Madden 360 folks! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2005, 03:06 PM   #41
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: lets talk Madden 360 folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
I remember Madden 2001 for the PS2 that was hyped out of this world and it was a very disappointing game. We could be in for a repeat.
I'm glad you're speaking for yourself, because the PS2 version was much better than the PS1 version imo. I definitely wasn't disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2005, 03:23 PM   #42
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't recall hearing anyone saying at the time that Madden 2001 was a let down. That may not be the case this time around. Due to the greatly increased sophistication of the fb gaming audience, we've become much harder to impress.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:37 PM   #43
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
does anyone here know anything about high definition tv's and their features? i was wondering if you can watch high definition programming and play xbox/xbox 360 at the same time in the pip window? thanks
I have a Sony widescreen HDTV. It does not have PIP per se, but it has a feature called Twin View, which I guess is better than PIP because you can watch two shows side-by-side. I've been able to play current X-Box games and watch a tv channel in the other, however, it only works on regular analogue channels, not digital channels, so I don't think you can watch an HD broadcast AND play at the same time.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:21 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm glad you're speaking for yourself, because the PS2 version was much better than the PS1 version imo. I definitely wasn't disappointed.

The Madden 2001 PS2 version looked better. The issue with Madden 2001 PS2 was the game play which was very disappointing.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:03 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 5

The money reach back reception?????? My friend had like 400 catches with Marvin Harrison in that game on all Madden in our season, it was dumb. LOL But I had 600 carries with Ricky Williams that season too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2005, 09:24 AM   #46
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholics
I traded away by Xbox and all my games towards a 360 pre-order after i found out about the glitch.
I'm seriously considering this myself,if I may ask....did you trade it in at a gamestore? if so how much did you get?
I'm thinking of trading all my xbox stuff for the 360w/ hd, It would include of course the xbox,2 wired controllers,one wireless(logitech) and approx. over 40 games.
I'm thinking that would be enough at gamecrazy,but if for some reason it isn't well then......I guess I'll just keep everything and wait for a price drop
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-30-2005, 10:03 AM   #47
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
The Madden 2001 PS2 version looked better. The issue with Madden 2001 PS2 was the game play which was very disappointing.
I wasn't disappointed with anything from the 1st PS2 version. The gameplay was definitely better than the PS1 version imo. It was the best gameplay of any football game to that point. I can't imagine what you were expecting.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:23 PM   #48
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I wasn't disappointed with anything from the 1st PS2 version. The gameplay was definitely better than the PS1 version imo. It was the best gameplay of any football game to that point. I can't imagine what you were expecting.
Maybe "underwhelming" is a better term for Madden 2001. It was a similiar situation to what we're faced with now - new hardware with no clear "killer app" (I think the best launch title outside of Madden was Tekken Tag Tournament). Madden 2001 looked better than anything before it but I remember thinking it wasn't that much of an upgrade from what we were seeing on the PS1 in terms of gameplay. Definitely not a reason to run out and drop that much cash on the (at the time) over-hyped PS2. Tiburon added momentum (which was huge), but sometimes it felt like you were trying to steer a tugboat. And players had some sort of "field" around them, so it was obvious that you weren't really connecting when making a tackle a lot of times. As well as other issues.

Madden really didn't hit it's stride on the PS2 until 2003, two years after debuting on the PS2. Would think that'd likely be the case with this Madden also, that it won't start "feeling" top notch until 2007-2008 if history serves. Given that this is the moment people have been pointing to for the past few years ("wait until next-gen for change"), and the fact that true competition has been pretty much squashed, there are pretty high expectations for Madden to impress out of the gate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »