Home

Double Coverage Help

This is a discussion on Double Coverage Help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2005, 11:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 Double Coverage Help

I hope you're all enjoying Madden 06 as much as I am, but I need some quick help. Can someone shed some light on how to manually double cover a receiver this year? I play on the PS2 and last year the controls were Triangle, receiver icon, right on the d-pad. I believe this has changed this year. Some help please. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Double Coverage Help

According to the Prima guide, it hasn't changed. I don't know what to tell you...
Old 08-11-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
According to the Prima guide, it hasn't changed. I don't know what to tell you...
Doesn't seem to work; maybe it's user error. I'll keep trying. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #4
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexcommish
Doesn't seem to work; maybe it's user error. I'll keep trying. Thanks.
Could it have something to do with the man lock feature? I believe that if it's set to off, defenders in man coverage don't move towards their man until after the ball is snapped. That would apply to any safeties double-teaming a receiver as well.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Could it have something to do with the man lock feature? I believe that if it's set to off, defenders in man coverage don't move towards their man until after the ball is snapped. That would apply to any safeties double-teaming a receiver as well.
Maybe, but I usually have the Man Lock ON. I think the Prima guide might be incorrect. I think the way to manually double cover is to Select the defender you want to use to double cover, Triangle, Icon the Receiver, and the the Right button on the dpad. It's a lot to do before a snap. I suppose I can just call a double coverage of the X, Z, Slot or TE on the playscreen to simplify the process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Maybe, but I usually have the Man Lock ON. I think the Prima guide might be incorrect. I think the way to manually double cover is to Select the defender you want to use to double cover, Triangle, Icon the Receiver, and the the Right button on the dpad. It's a lot to do before a snap. I suppose I can just call a double coverage of the X, Z, Slot or TE on the playscreen to simplify the process.
I misread your initial post, I had assumed you were doing the first step (I'm pretty sure you had to do it that way last year as well). You have got it right now (per the guide "d-pad right to double team the receiver with the highlighted defender").
Old 08-11-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I misread your initial post, I had assumed you were doing the first step (I'm pretty sure you had to do it that way last year as well). You have got it right now (per the guide "d-pad right to double team the receiver with the highlighted defender").
Thanks.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:10 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
I suppose I can just call a double coverage of the X, Z, Slot or TE on the playscreen to simplify the process.
The only problem with that is that those plays have one of the linebackers blitzing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »