Home

PC version VS console

This is a discussion on PC version VS console within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2005, 12:26 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: PC version VS console

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyartist
Madden is patchable on the xbox aslso altleast I would think seeing as other games are.
Doubt a console patch will be released, though, as the PS2 version can't be patched since a hard drive isn't an integral part of the system. PS2 owners without the optional hard drive would scream bloody murder, which would be bad for EA since it sells more PS2 copies of Madden than Xbox.

Take care,
PK
Old 08-27-2005, 09:22 AM   #18
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Yes, after seasons end, some people will start to show up there. I dont know why its not called Hall of Fame anymore, UNLESS Hall of Fame is actually trademarked now and EA dont wanna up the $$$ to use it.

As far as which is better. Depends. If you have a Mid Range PC, id probably get the console version. If you have a machine to where you can crank everything up and still keep a smooth framerate then there is no contest. Here is my breakdown with a good PC and a Midrange PC:

Midrange PC VS. Console. (pro's and con's of the PC)

PROS:
Patchable,
Moddable,
Hall of Fame,

CONS:
Cant turn up the details too high.
Online experience isnt as good.

Winner:

PC, but VERY close.

High End PC Vs. Console.

PROS:
Patchable,
Moddable,
Hall of Fame,
Far superior graphics/textures/detials.

CONS:
Online expeirence isnt quite as good as console.

WINNER:
PC version by a landslide.

Good breakdown. I would choose the PC everytime as I have a high end system and I love the modding/patching aspect. The only negative generally associated with PC's is that they aren't usually set up to have multiple friends sitting around playing comfortably. You usually end up hunched over a smaller monitor. I have bought the X-Box version in the last few years as I love the comfort and ease of use when friends are over to play. We can sit in my living room and use my 57" HDTV. I know I can hook the PC up to it but it would be a pain to lug it out from my office every time I want to play.

But, quality-wise, the PC does win hands down.

Hammer

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Good breakdown. I would choose the PC everytime as I have a high end system and I love the modding/patching aspect. The only negative generally associated with PC's is that they aren't usually set up to have multiple friends sitting around playing comfortably. You usually end up hunched over a smaller monitor. I have bought the X-Box version in the last few years as I love the comfort and ease of use when friends are over to play. We can sit in my living room and use my 57" HDTV. I know I can hook the PC up to it but it would be a pain to lug it out from my office every time I want to play.

But, quality-wise, the PC does win hands down.

Hammer
I agree, I get the X Box version when it's me vs my friends. The PC version is purely for my dynasty/franchise needs. I feel that the PC version attracts more of the pure sim players as it's more catered to them.(more so than the console)
Old 08-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #20
Rookie

Nukester's Arena

OVR: 2

Another thing about the PC version....for some reason there is no injury slider. There is an on/off button, but no slider. Not even in franchise. Ive simply looked everywhere, and there is none on the PC version.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:37 PM   #21
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukester
Another thing about the PC version....for some reason there is no injury slider. There is an on/off button, but no slider. Not even in franchise. Ive simply looked everywhere, and there is none on the PC version.
True...but you can adjust injury ratings of the players...a good editor will let you do "global" changes

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2005, 02:53 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Pretty surly comment coming from a guy with 9 posts treating a gentleman very disrespectfully that has posted 3,928 times. Know your place rook, and show some respect, at least that's what I would do, but that's me.
It don't matter how many posts Mr Bush has, he doesn't want to stay on topic. The reason he has 4,000 posts is because about half are whining about one little glitch in EVERY Madden board on here. I have more of a life than to post 50 whiny messages to a board everyday.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:20 PM   #23
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
The console version cannot be patch as extensive as the PC version. The PC version can be modified to a whole new game unlike the console.
The Xbox can be patched just like the Pc version, the PC uses .exe and the Xbox uses .xbe. Most of the time when they patch the PC the .exe is what they patch and if EA wanted to they could do the same for the Xbox .xbe.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:49 PM   #24
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan71
It don't matter how many posts Mr Bush has, he doesn't want to stay on topic. The reason he has 4,000 posts is because about half are whining about one little glitch in EVERY Madden board on here. I have more of a life than to post 50 whiny messages to a board everyday.
Who is Mr. Bush?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »