Home

Punt Returns

This is a discussion on Punt Returns within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #1
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3
Punt Returns

Yes, I know there was brief mention of the blocking problem in the Glitch forum but I haven't seen a decent response on if this has a work around or not.

Any ideas? THis has effectively elliminated a huge part of Special Teams play from the game. Dante Hall is now useless!!!! As is Antwaan Randall El.

Hammer

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Punt Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
Yes, I know there was brief mention of the blocking problem in the Glitch forum but I haven't seen a decent response on if this has a work around or not.

Any ideas? THis has effectively elliminated a huge part of Special Teams play from the game. Dante Hall is now useless!!!! As is Antwaan Randall El.

Hammer
I usually pick punt block man as it gives you a little more space to attempt a run. It may not work all the time but it seems to help when I play. You can also try other punt return formations like punt block to see if they work as well.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I usually pick punt block man as it gives you a little more space to attempt a run. It may not work all the time but it seems to help when I play. You can also try other punt return formations like punt block to see if they work as well.
Yeah...I've tried those, but I am curious if we will ever get a fix for standard punt returns....even with those, you get minimal return room.

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-27-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
Yeah...I've tried those, but I am curious if we will ever get a fix for standard punt returns....even with those, you get minimal return room.
i asked this same question in the sliders section, really didint get any solution yet, this is a big glitch....and it's driving me crazy.............sjj2xs
Old 08-27-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

One solution I've heard is to do the following together:

1) Set cpu punt length to 18 (or +8 from default)

2) Call punt block. When the cpu recognizes this and audibles to max protect, you then audible out to normal punt return.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
One solution I've heard is to do the following together:

1) Set cpu punt length to 18 (or +8 from default)

2) Call punt block. When the cpu recognizes this and audibles to max protect, you then audible out to normal punt return.

dude thanks i'll try this.............i'll try anything .......lol
Old 08-28-2005, 01:36 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you notice the blockers on punt return are usually DBs who have poor blocking. Try switching your blockers, also as Flamehead said move the CPU punt length up.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffey1024
If you notice the blockers on punt return are usually DBs who have poor blocking. Try switching your blockers, also as Flamehead said move the CPU punt length up.

Appreciate the replies. The I have a DB and and a RB (both playing their real life positions) as drop back blockers. THey have decent blocking skills. The problem has to be coded into the game as the blockers run back, stop & stare at the returner. They let the "gunners" run right by every time without flinching. They should at least make an attempt to block, even poor blockers.

THe audible solution doesn't work, unfortunately. I havent' set the CPu kick slider higher yet...I will try, but this doesn't seem like it will make much sense as if I do get a return, it will just cover the distance of the "extra" yardage from the slider adjustment.

Oh well...thought there was a EA fix or something of the like. Has EA ever done this? Release a patch for X-Box?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »