Home

Shading recievers

This is a discussion on Shading recievers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2005, 02:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Shading recievers

I dont know if its just me. I just faced my friends and all he was doing was slants with hit TE. And i would do the whole shade reciever thing and my MLB would not do it. It is you press Y to audible, Y because that was the reciever, and L or R to do what ever side you want. I got it right? Well if i did this option is booty. By the way my MLB was Urlacher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Shading recievers

the defender has to be guarding that person to shade. Also, its Y, offensive player button (Y, X, B) and the side/shoulder you intend to shade. Dont know if it works in zone defense.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:48 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4

Shading to the outside does work, but shading to the inside doesn't do anything. If you don't believe me then go into practice mode and see for yourself.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:35 AM   #4
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

I've shaded inside routes before, and had success on it. I took away some slants. I don't think its a full proof defense, but what is in the NFL?
Probably depends on the rating of the corner.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:47 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Okay, let's say I am going to blitz my CB, and I want the Safety to play man on the guy who I feel is going to get the pass when my opponent sees the blitz coming. On the X-box, is there a way to highlight a defender, and assign him Man coverage on a specific player.... Uh, like I could on 2k?

SYF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2005, 12:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
Okay, let's say I am going to blitz my CB, and I want the Safety to play man on the guy who I feel is going to get the pass when my opponent sees the blitz coming. On the X-box, is there a way to highlight a defender, and assign him Man coverage on a specific player.... Uh, like I could on 2k?

SYF
I believe you have to have your icon on the guy that you wish to take on the man coverage and push Y, then the icon of the receiver you wish to man up on and then right on the d-pad
Old 08-31-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can have as many guys covering one person as you want
Old 08-31-2005, 12:26 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Thanks for the help... I will try it tonight and see if it works.....

The right push on the D pad.... are there different coverages for different D-pad directions? Meaning, if right on the d-pad is Man coverage, is Left a zone? Up a bump and run? If it was mentioned in the manual, I guess I never saw it... at least how to set up a Player specific coverage call.... If you can indeed do this, I will feel a little better about my blitz defense. Playing online, if you send the DB from the weak side, there is no one to cover the weak side deep, and I get killed.... With this new information, maybe I can drop a LB back into a zone for the slant, and then assign my safety to help with the man pick-up on the blitz side...

Thanks again for the info..

SYF

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »