Home

Truck Stick not working?

This is a discussion on Truck Stick not working? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2005, 08:38 PM   #9
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Truck Stick not working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truballer845
the truck stick is overhype,the cover up the ball which is triangle for ps2 is more effective then the truck stick,the cover up the ball when i use it,i break takles 80 percent of the time
Both are very effective for me. Depends on the back at the time. On runs up the middle, I use the "Cover the Ball" method. This helps me get thru that first tier of defense. Once I'm past that, I will use the truck stick. On the runs on the outside, I will use the Truck stick once I turn that corner to meet the first defender. I have great success using both methods.

I love busting thru the line covering the ball especially with a fullback.. dang near unstoppable. And when you are into the second tier of the defense and time your hit stick just right... It is a thing of beauty...
Old 08-29-2005, 11:01 PM   #10
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbadboy
Hi everyone. My buddy and me love playing Madden 06 together on the same team. He's always player one so he's the quarterback, and since I'm player 2 I usually take control of the backs. My problem is that it seems that the truck stick doesn't work when I try and use it anyone else heard anything about this or experienced it themselves? It works when I play the computer or play against him, but not when we are on the same team. Any thoughts?
My friend, I feel for you, I've already addressed this in another post.

Your #2 controller which controls your halfback will not have access to the "Truck Stick" or the "Stop-Step Juke", in cooperative play. I've researched this in every game mode, whether it be franchise or superstar mode, and exhibition play as well. I initially thought it was because SS mode is intended to be a single player game mode.

Then I thought it was maybe a flaw because I use a Logitech wireless controller in slot 1, and he uses the normal PS model.

No dice. We started a franchise after our SS got corrupted after 9 games (GRRRRRRRRRR), no truckie or jukie for him either. No truckie or jukie in exhibitions co-op either.

It's just another one of those things that EA forgot that they'd hoped we wouldn't notice. At least your "Hit-Stick" still works, and I don't even use the truck or stop single player, but it isn't your imagination, it's not going to work.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:30 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the reply. That really sucks...but what can you do. I would have to agree with you though, at least we have the Hit Stick, that is a thing of beauty! Nothing better than laying a kick returner out, scooping up that fumble and rambling in for a TD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
My friend, I feel for you, I've already addressed this in another post.

Your #2 controller which controls your halfback will not have access to the "Truck Stick" or the "Stop-Step Juke", in cooperative play. I've researched this in every game mode, whether it be franchise or superstar mode, and exhibition play as well. I initially thought it was because SS mode is intended to be a single player game mode.

Then I thought it was maybe a flaw because I use a Logitech wireless controller in slot 1, and he uses the normal PS model.

No dice. We started a franchise after our SS got corrupted after 9 games (GRRRRRRRRRR), no truckie or jukie for him either. No truckie or jukie in exhibitions co-op either.

It's just another one of those things that EA forgot that they'd hoped we wouldn't notice. At least your "Hit-Stick" still works, and I don't even use the truck or stop single player, but it isn't your imagination, it's not going to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »