Home

Great attention to detail!!

This is a discussion on Great attention to detail!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2005, 11:13 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Icon14 Great attention to detail!!

I was playing with the Jags last night against the Jets in my Franchise.....Byron Leftwich goes down in the 4th with an 'ankle' injury...it says he will be out for 2 Qtrs. So Backup David Gerrard comes in and immediately throws and INT which the Jets capitalize and score a TD on their following drive. Desparately needing to score, i check the injury report somehow hoping Leftwich's status has changed (hopefull thinking, but it was worth a shot). I press 'A' on Leftwichs' name and then it asks "do you want to put in injured leftwich?" I was like, oh snap! I did not know you could do this! I selected yes, checked his ratings and his speed was waaay down to 18....that was the only rating that was noticeably changed. Leftwich is pretty slow already so having it down even more kinda scared me. But i just put him in shotgun for the rest of the game.

Not only that, when Leftwich was in, his right ankle was wrapped up in tape. I thought that was really good attention to detail by EA. They get bashed so much for not paying too much attention to detail on things or not having the "little things" like ESPN football used to. It was pretty cool to see this tho....

...sorry if this is old news...but it was the first time i noticed this...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2005, 11:32 AM   #2
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Great attention to detail!!

I believe that this has been in both EA and 2K football games for quite some time, now. I know it is in NFL2K5, and I believe I saw it in older Maddens (although some one else will have to confirm that).
Old 08-29-2005, 12:28 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Yes you could do it in previous Maddens, but it's something I always forget about. I wish they would give you the option of bringing the guy back in as soon as his injury status is revealed.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:58 PM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I remember I hated it on the old old school Genesis Madden, but I wish they brought this back. When you'd call a play, you'd have to wait for the personel to be swapped on and off the field before you break the huddle. That was some good attention to detail.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

yeah...thats what i thought.....i knew it something that has probably been there for years....but its the first time i tried it. I just thought it was pretty cool to see Leftwich's ankle taped up when he went back out there.

I was already aware this has been in the 2k series for sometime now.....just never tried it in madden....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2005, 02:43 PM   #6
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I remember I hated it on the old old school Genesis Madden, but I wish they brought this back. When you'd call a play, you'd have to wait for the personel to be swapped on and off the field before you break the huddle. That was some good attention to detail.
I've been wanting a football game to bring that back for ages. Much better than guys growing/shrinking and changing jerseys before your eyes.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:40 PM   #7
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

One detail that I liked in this year's game is that when you bench your starting QB or HB, Al Michales says that his day is done and mentions the new player taking over. That caught me completely by surprise the first time and I thought it was great!!

The game needs a lot more commentary along those lines, so it feels like it is really reacting to what is happening on the field and not just some canned, boring babble.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:48 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I remember that. It gave the game great pace with having to wait for the personnel. Bring this back EA!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »