Home

aghh, why are my passes being under thrown???

This is a discussion on aghh, why are my passes being under thrown??? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-30-2005, 04:30 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: aghh, why are my passes being under thrown???

exactly I watched the Madden challenge last year and guys dropping back 40 million yards and throwing on the run, Yes you will get picked and yes you will not lead the reciever.

Plant both feet get set then use your pressure sensitive controls to put some touch on the ball. broken controller perhaps? I always put the ball where I need to by using touch when I need to or throwin a bullet to hit my reciever on a hook pattern.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:01 PM   #10
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezeframe
exactly I watched the Madden challenge last year and guys dropping back 40 million yards and throwing on the run, Yes you will get picked and yes you will not lead the reciever.

Plant both feet get set then use your pressure sensitive controls to put some touch on the ball. broken controller perhaps? I always put the ball where I need to by using touch when I need to or throwin a bullet to hit my reciever on a hook pattern.
Yeah that madden challenge thing was garbage. It was about who could manupulate the game and take advantage of its flaws the best. It had nothing to do with how real football is played. I hate these guys that are just video game players and don't know about the sport that there playing. Primairly the reason why I don't play online much. Play the game like the sport is played.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFly
If you're one of those "continuously drop back until you get an open receiver" then yes, you probably will underthrow some passes (because you're holding the L thumb stick back the whole time).

I liked precision passing, but the vision cone was just way too difficult for me. I could not scroll through my receivers quick enough
Maybe cuz i play at least 2 full games a day but i just don't see why people think the vision cone is hard to play with. If ur manning, culpepper, green, brees or anyone else w/ a awr rating above 84 just use the r stick (ps2) to move around cuz the placement doesn't have to be exact just close to the targeted rec. if the ratings below 84 just hike the ball, hold down r2, scan the field and throw. it took me all of 30 minutes after buying this game to realize that i'd just spent $50 on a minor tweak (i'm loyal to madden till death though, even if they couldn't figure out how to leave special teams play the way it's been for the last 10 years, bastards!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2005, 06:27 PM   #12
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo.com
Maybe cuz i play at least 2 full games a day but i just don't see why people think the vision cone is hard to play with. If ur manning, culpepper, green, brees or anyone else w/ a awr rating above 84 just use the r stick (ps2) to move around cuz the placement doesn't have to be exact just close to the targeted rec. if the ratings below 84 just hike the ball, hold down r2, scan the field and throw. it took me all of 30 minutes after buying this game to realize that i'd just spent $50 on a minor tweak (i'm loyal to madden till death though, even if they couldn't figure out how to leave special teams play the way it's been for the last 10 years, bastards!)
Well said.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:47 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Well said.
to lead your receiver do not use precision passing. that is used for throwing high, low inside or out. to lead yoru receiver on deep routes press up on the stick AFTER you hit the receiver button. in precision passing you do it at the same time. by doing it after you will see the blow floating more deep.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:41 AM   #14
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Yeah that madden challenge thing was garbage. It was about who could manupulate the game and take advantage of its flaws the best. It had nothing to do with how real football is played. I hate these guys that are just video game players and don't know about the sport that there playing. Primairly the reason why I don't play online much. Play the game like the sport is played.
Last year I would play my roommates in Madden and they would play like that - no huddle offenses all the time, constantly blitzing and just plain out taking advantage of AI flaws (going for it on 4th down every chance they got; fake punt passes all the time; using defensive pass interference as a defensive tool; moving Moss to a slot and have him do post patterns that no defense could stop; hail mary plays with Mike Vick and running every time, etc.). I would swear like crazy because it was just so frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »