Home

Can a brother get a blitz pickup

This is a discussion on Can a brother get a blitz pickup within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Can a brother get a blitz pickup

I am so damn sick and tired of my OL never picking up a blitz. Every friggin madden game has had such crap blitz pickup/blocking and I am tired of it.

Also, playaction is still downright useless like it was in 2005.

It'd be nice if for the enxt gen EA could get off their asses and actually fix easy gameplay issues rather than stuff in crap like superstar mode and other trivial things.

I have no idea how people can pay for these madden games and not get frustrated by the lack of care EA shows in the blocking and in other gameplay areas. Reminds me of thsoe who orgasm over talentless musicians like brittney spears as if they are good...people dont make sense.

I am just thankful I didnt buy madden 06.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Can a brother get a blitz pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
I am so damn sick and tired of my OL never picking up a blitz. Every friggin madden game has had such crap blitz pickup/blocking and I am tired of it.

It'd be nice if for the enxt gen EA could get off their asses and actually fix easy gameplay issues rather than stuff in crap like superstar mode and other trivial things.

I have no idea how people can pay for these madden games and not get frustrated by the lack of care EA shows in the blocking and in other gameplay areas. Reminds me of thsoe who orgasm over talentless musicians like brittney spears as if they are good...people dont make sense.

Did you try the offensive line slide protection (L1 plus right or left on the directional key?)

Also, I've found play action to be useful if set up correctly. If you can't run successfully in the first place, the safeties aren't going to bite on a play action play.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo

It's all a matter of opinion my friend. People weigh the good vs. the bad, and for some, the good aspects of a Madden game (in their own opinion) outweigh some of the negatives.

It's just like your Brittany Spears example: In someone else's opinion, she's a great artist with great music, but to you, she sucks. Neither one of you are write or wrong, as it's all based on personal preference. What might not be good to you may be to someone else.

What I don't understand is why people can't grasp that concept...

Old 08-30-2005, 12:12 PM   #4
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8

What I don't understand is how one copy of the game the o-line can't pick up the blitz, and yet in my copy, they do.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:19 PM   #5
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Are you kidding? You can't always pick up a blitz. There are many times a team knows a blitz is coming, including knowing exactly where it's coming from, and they still can't pick it up.

I use the Bucs who have a terrible offensive line. I keep a back and sometime 2 in to block. It makes a HUGE difference. Sometimes they miss and sometimes they execute a great block but most of the time they get just a lttle piece of the blitzer, just enough to slow them down. I think it is very realistic.

I also often go to a 2 TE set and keep one or both in to block. Sometimes that's what you have to do. Get in the shotgun and always have one receiver running the quick slant when you suspect the blitz.

Think about NFL games you have watched There are many times a team will only send 2 receivers in to patterns, even on throwing downs. The Patriots do it a lot!

Quote:
Now this is flat out incorrect. The play action in this game is close to perfect. In fact, there are many Madden haters who recognize that. I'm a loyal ESPN fan, as are many here, and none of us would say the play action in Madden is bad. Check out all the threads where people are reporting plays where the LB or safety ends up tackling the RB who was play actioned to (poor structure, I know) only to leave the receiver 1 on 1. Trust me brotha, it works well.

Keep in mind, that the play action pass is NOT for passing downs and is not designed to work against a blitz. It is for running downs and should only be used after you have established a running threat, just like Bloodhound said.

There may be flaws to this game, but lack of blitz pickup and weakly implemented play action passing are definitely not amomg them.

Quote:
Now, this I totally agree with. I think there are major issues with the special teams play that really take away from gameplay. It renders threats like Dante Hall useless and that's just not fair if you like to use the chiefs.
Quote:
reminds me of thsoe who orgasm over talentless musicians like brittney spears as if they are good...
This is only my personal opinion. I don't know how the mods or how other people feel, but... you could probably make your point without being so vulgar and you might even gain a little respect for doing so.
Quote:
people dont make sense.
Maybe you didn't intend to, but you just insulted a bunch of people. That may make them less likely to help you.
Quote:
I am thankful I did.

I know Madden is not for everyone. Heck, for the last 5 years or so, it wasn't for me either. But, why not check out Playmaker's All Pro slider thread or my Pro slider thread. There is some good info, not just sliders, that may at least help you t get a great game out of Madden until the next gen games come out.

Would you give it a try? Would you try the advice I gave on the blitzing thing and see if that doesn't help? My game is a lot better because of the people who have answered my questions about some things that frustrated me.

Try this stuff and Holler back. I mean, you did post your frustration so that means you're playing the game. before you give up on it, see what happens.

Last edited by slthree; 08-30-2005 at 12:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »